8 - Begining of new friendship

Justin picked Fiona up in a bridal style and laid her down on the couch.

Fiona felt some drops of water on her face. She slowly opened her eyes and saw the two worried faces frowning at her. After realizing that it was Justin, she frowned. But when she saw Grace giving her a concerned look, she asked.

"What happened?"

Before Grace could explain herself, Justin spoke up, "You fainted. You got us worried..."

He was rambling too fast for his own good, which made him look cute. After a while, Grace interrupted him, "You fainted out there. I think it's because your BP is low. You even look pale."

Fiona agreed with her. "Maybe. I am feeling exhausted and weak."

She asked, "What you ate today? And you don't dare to lie to me."

"Coffee," Fiona answered.

Justin was silently listening to them.

"Just coffee! No wonder you look pale and hungry. I cannot believe you, Fiona. A working girl like you should eat every two hours and you, on the other hand, just have a few cups of coffee. No wonder you fainted. And I am assuming you didn't have anything after lunch yesterday?"

Fiona nodded guiltily. Grace sighed.

"Fiona, for the past few days, you have not been eating properly." Grace stated sadly.

Now Justin was feeling guilty again. It was partly his fault that she had been skipping her meals and eating less. And in the morning, she even skipped her breakfast to get away from him. He needed to talk to her.

Grace soon interrupted his thoughts, "I am getting you a bowl of soup and preparing a meal for you. I am not taking no for an answer. Justin, you are going to stay with her. Not even for a second, you are going to leave this spot. Did I make myself clear to both of you?"

They both nodded vigorously.

Grace gave them the 'you better follow my order' look before exiting the room.

Justin noticed that Grace adored Fiona when she was talking to her, and he felt that Fiona returned her feelings as well, and he was glad about it.

Once again, Justin's train of thoughts was interrupted. But this time by Fiona, "I am fine, you can go."

"I would rather stay. I don't want to die from Grace's Death glare." He stated.

Much to his surprise, she chuckled, which made her look cute.

She grabbed the remote from the center table and switched on the TV. After surfing through various channels, she decided to watch some cartoon show. "Seriously, cartoons, how old are you, ten?"

She got into all defensive modes.

"Hey! It's Tom and Jerry. So what I am not 10; it's still fun to watch it. You are never too old to watch Tom and Jerry."

"I am sorry." Justin blurted out.

Fiona's eyes were wide with surprise, and she looked curiously at him.

So he continued, "I know I acted like a douche to you, and it is not acceptable. My father, like you, blackmailed me into marrying you. Not that I have any personal problem with you. It is just that I was pissed at my dad, and I was taking out all my anger on you."

She was listening carefully without interrupting him at all. He explained to her the deal with his father and the talk that he had with him yesterday.

"I am very sorry, Fiona. I don't deserve your forgiveness, but please believe me when I say that I am sorry for how I treated you. Everything I said to you was not said by me."

She raised her eyebrows, "I mean, it was my anger that was speaking. All those things that I said in front of you and behind your back were all my frustration towards my dad."

She was silent for a few minutes.

"Please say something."

She slowly whispered, "Then you don't think that I am a gold digger."

"Of course, not Fiona. You are far from it. Please, can we start over?"

Her answer made Justin jump out of joy.

"Yes, I guess we can start over."

He immediately hugged her, "Thank you so much. But, God, I feel like a jerk for putting you through hell. I promise that never going to happen."

"Well, I hope so."

"Hello, my name is Justin Carter." He extended his hand to shake hers. It was a childish move, but, hey! She didn't complain about it. Though she did give him a look, 'what the hell are you doing?'

"Hello, my name is Fiona McGuire, now, Carter." She said it awkwardly.

"But you do know that right; we met at the gala?"

He chuckled at her awkward yet cute response. "Yes, I do. It is good to start over completely."

Things were a bit awkward, but this was better than anything at present.

This is the beginning of their new friendship. And hopefully, he won't do anything to ruin it. There's no space for messing up this time.