28 - Is it the end?

"Who changed my clothes? I don't remember doing it?" Fiona asked him in the morning when she realized that she wasn't in the same clothes as last night.

Justin was rubbing his neck. Nervousness was written all over his face.

"Um, well, you slept in the car, and I didn't want to wake you up. So, um, I changed you into my clothes."

She blushed. "Oh, okay." She was the same color as a tomato.

"Come on, let's get you something to eat," Justin told her.

"I am really not hungry." She urged him to go ahead.

"No. I can't do that, Fiona." He told her sternly.

"You go ahead, and I will freshen up and come."

"Okay, I will wait for you here." Justin knows what she was playing at, so two can play this game.

"Fine, you are so damned stubborn," Justin smirked as Fiona huffed.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the living area. Grace set the table for them. Suddenly, Fiona's phone beeped. After looking at the message, she lost her appetite, made an excuse, and went to freshen up. She touched nothing.

Fiona's inbox showed two messages. The first one was from Noah, asking for an apology, and the second was from his girlfriend and her ex-best friend. Anna wanted to meet her, even though she knew it would not be pleasant. Fiona knew what she had to do. She was going to meet Anna and was going to clear everything up. If she didn't go today, curiosity would kill her, and Anna wouldn't leave her until she met her. She can be very persistent and always get what she wants.

Fiona immediately got ready and left her home. Justin was in the shower, so she left a message on his cell telling him that she would be back in a few hours. She met Anna in a park. When she got there, Anna was already waiting for her.

"What do you want?" That was the first thing Fiona asked her when she saw her.

"Whoa!! Calm down, best friend. No hi or hello." That bitch was smirking.

"I am asking you for the last time. What the hell do you want?"

"Nothing," She shrugged. "I simply asked you to come here to see me so that I could show you the truth. To get you out of your dream world."

"What do you mean?" Fiona was beyond confused about what she was talking about.

"Oh, my innocent princess. Your little married life I am talking about. Fiona Fiona, Fiona! Do you really think Justin could ever love you? Scratch that... Like you. Love is far from it. Just look at you. Old, plain, average, and boring, whereas Justin is completely the opposite of you. I mean, come on, babes. Even though I know, he's better than Noah, hon! Open your eyes; your marriage will end sooner than you think." She was smirking.

"What the hell is your problem, Anna? What happened to you? You were so different back in our childhood days than you are now." Fiona asked. It was now or never. She needed all the answers.

"You happened, Fiona." Anna was filled with rage. Fiona was in a dilemma. What in the world did she do to make her this way?

"What are you talking about?" She asked her.

"What am I talking about? Fiona, everything has been about you from the start. For saying we three were best friends. But you and Em were closer. Whether it's school or college, everyone liked you more than me. Teachers, boys, girls, every single person on this planet prefers you more than me. Even Noah liked you better than me. All he ever talked about was how sweet you were, how different you were from the other girls. He even asked you out, and you, being a genuine friend, rejected him because you knew that I liked him. You never gave me an option to hate you. You never told my secrets to anyone, irrespective of the fact they were lame or stupid. You never allowed me to hate you, and that infuriated me. That's why I convinced Noah to cheat on you, to break you. And I did, and I do love Noah. And then, after a few years, I found you in a restaurant, happily married to Justin. The kind of guy you always wanted." Her eyes were burning from fire.

"All this because of some jealousy. I confided in you about Noah. You were the one who insisted on it and gave me a heads-up. And even if you realized you loved him, you should have told me. We would have worked things out. And if in school or college, you had a problem with me, you should have come to me." Fiona told her. She tried to reason out with her.

"See, Fiona, this is what I am talking about. You are damn exemplary behavior. Everything about you and your life has been perfect." Anna was irritated.

"That's where you are wrong, Anna. My life has never been perfect. Just because I always have a smile on my face doesn't mean I am always happy. I do have a fair share of problems in my life. But you know what made me get past it? My best friends. You and Emily. I always thought that, even if everyone was against me, you guys would stand by me. At times, I even envy your spontaneous behavior. Your straightforwardness, the way you carried yourself, your fashion sense, but you never acknowledged or saw that, did you? Yes, I was hurt that you and Noah backstabbed me, went behind my back, and ditched me instead of coming clean. Yes! I would have been hurt, but I would have accepted that Noah and I were not meant to be. It would have taken some time, but I would have got over it. Do you know what hurts me the most? I didn't lose my lover or my relationship with Noah, but two of my closest friends. And my childhood best friend. That's you, Annabelle."

With that, Fiona left her stranded in the park in tears. Even Anna had tears in her eyes. All the pent-up emotions were coming out of her. It astounded her to hear everything Anna had said. She went towards her car and kept her head on the steering wheel. Unlike other times, Anna wasn't able to break her regarding Justin. She was certain that what she and Justin had was genuine. She took a deep breath and began driving.

She was driving anywhere and everywhere. She wasn't ready to face Justin yet. Her thoughts were still consumed by what Anna had told her. She wanted to go straight to Justin and talk to him, but she needed space. She had an intuition that Justin would be waiting at home for her. But she needed a few more minutes to gather her thoughts before speaking with Justin. She was startled to hear the loud honking. Her thoughts so consumed her that she didn't see a truck coming towards her car. Her eyes were wide, and she saw a truck coming from the front. She tried turning the steering wheel, but she was too late. Before she could do anything, the truck was coming at full speed from behind her. At that very moment, she wanted nothing but to be with her husband and confess it to him. To be with her best friends, Emily and Mason. To be with her new best friend, James. She wanted to forgive Anna for what she did and wanted proper closure from Noah. She even wanted to forgive him. But God had other plans for her. She doesn't remember much except for cracking the windows as she was drifting into the blackness. But she felt a sharp pain in her body.

Perhaps this is theend of the road for her. End of her life.