29 - Lost my soul

Justin was in panic mode. When Fiona left to freshen up, he checked her phone. He knows that it is morally wrong, but he has to keep her safe. When he saw the look on her face when she read the message. She looked vulnerable and confused, so he had to check her phone. When he saw Noah's message, he was filled with rage. He couldn't believe that he still had the guts to text her, but at least he apologized. But when he saw a message from Anna, he was confused. Why did she want to meet Fiona in the park? Anna's message was something that concerned him. He can deal with Noah later, and after yesterday, he shouldn't be any problem.

Knowing Fiona, she would go and meet her. But he was not going to follow her. When she would come back, he will confront her. He didn't want to leave her wife with that bitch, but Fiona needs closure.

It had been three hours since Fiona had left, but there was still no sign of her. She had always texted or called him to let him know where she was, but she wasn't answering her phone anymore.

"Dude, relax! She will be fine." James tried to assure him, but it wasn't able to calm him down. He had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. Something wasn't right. She shouldn't have left Fiona to go alone and talk to Anna. James has been with Justin for the past two hours. Justin couldn't help himself and called James.

Suddenly, James' cell started ringing.

"Hey Miles... Why you cry... Okay, just calms down... Tell me what happened... WHAT!! Shit!! We are on our way..."

"Dude, what's wrong?" Justin asked him worriedly.

He had an intuition that it was not going to be good.

"Fi got into an accident."

He flinched. In fact, for a moment, he went into shock and became blank.

"Shit! Justin, relax. We need to go there. Nothing will happen to her."

When he came to his senses, they both rushed down to the garage. James grabbed the keys from him.

"You are not driving. We cannot afford another accident."

James was driving fast and beyond the speed limit because he knew that, at present, Justin wanted nothing but to be with his wife. Soon, both of them reached the hospital. They ran towards the fourth floor, not waiting for the lift. Em dashed over to James and hugged him for dear life when they arrived.

"James... Fi... Operation." Em was breaking down.

"Miley, what exactly happened?" James demanded in a calm tone.

Justin was still quiet and in shock.

"Fiona was driving, and she got in an accident with a truck. Fi has always been a safe driver, and she never drove when she was in a grim mood..."

"It's Anna's fault." Justin said it for the first time. "Anna texted her saying she wanted to meet her."

"That bitch!" Em was burning with rage.

The doctor came out of the room. "Doc, how is Fiona?"

"May I know who are you?" Doc asked.

"I am her husband, Justin Carter. Please tell me if she's all right?" He begged.

"Well, Mr. Carter's operation was successful, but she has been kept under observation for 48 hours because of a major head injury. These 48 hours are very crucial for her. If she doesn't work in these two days, then she might go into a coma."

"She will wake up, right?" He croaked. Justin never cried. He has always been a strong person.

"I can't promise anything. If she goes into a coma, she could wake up in a few hours, days, months, even years, and it is possible she won't wake up again. I am sorry." He said it sympathetically and left.

He sat in the chair with his hands on his head. He was completely broken down. Em and James were hugging him.

Fiona was fighting for her life, and he could do nothing. It's his entire fault. He shouldn't have let Fiona go alone. She would have been angry but would be safe with him. He went to the ICU. He noticed her attached to numerous wires and a monitor that displayed her heartbeat. She still looked beautiful there. But he likes it more when she speaks and shows her childish fits.

She would have to wake up to him. She couldn't leave him. If she left him, that part of his soul would also leave with her, and he would never forgive himself, irrespective of what his two friends would say. It was partly his fault, too.

"Justin, I might know why Fi was upset while driving." Em said in an angry voice.

"Well, Anna knew that Fi always had a problem with confidence. So, she might have told Fi how she is imperfect for you and all that."

"And she believed it? I love her; I was going to confess it to her."

"Don't worry. We will take care of her." James said.

"No, James, Fiona needs us with her. Even if I wanted to kill those two, I couldn't abandon her. And neither should you. She needs all three of us. I should call our parents." Justin tried to reason it out. How much he wished to go to those morons, he couldn't. Fiona was his first priority.

But it was of no use because, before Justin could say anything, Emy left in a fury to deal with Anna and probably Noah alone. So Justin asked James to follow her as he wouldn't want Emily to do anything that she would regret later on or make Fiona angry.

James agreed but washesitant to leave his best friend alone, but Justin was right. Em willdefinitely let her anger get the better of her. He needed to be with her.