How It Is

This my friends is edited! Which I am pretty happy about!

Anyways, this is it!

~ Enjoy ! (:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The moment I walk into my first period, everyone turns to look at me, even the teacher.

I try to stand with confidence. I did not want people seeing my nerves, so I twine my fingers together, hoping they won’t shake.   

“You must be Brooke." A short, blonde woman says from her place on the front of the classroom. Her voice is small yet loud and the whole class seems to hang onto her her every word. 

She has glasses that have those strings attached to them, so they can dangle from your neck and her blonde hair was up in ringlets. 

She was like a Hallmark card from hell. 

  “That would be me” I say, trying to make my voice sound whole. I hear someone start laughing at the back, I turn and I see a head full of nothing but short blond hair. Her friend next to her rolls her eyes and they both turn to look at me with mild interest. 

     They were the girls from the shop.

  “Gianna, is something funny?” The teacher asks, turning to look at her. Gianna just smiles, her head coming down and resting on her open palm.

“It’s nothing Mrs. Hope. I was just thinking about something that happened last night.” She looks at me as she says it, and my hands tighten. 

If I was back at River Dale, I would have outed her right there. I would have called her out and ask the bitch was her problem was. I didn't take kindly to being bullied. 

 I try to count to ten in my head, something my father told me to do whenever I felt like I was getting to angry. And right now I was down right pissed.  

The teacher turns back to me. “Well, welcome to English 3, Brooke. I’m Mrs. Hope and I’ll be your teacher.”  She smiles and I give her a small smile back. 

“Now, class…”

She turns back to the board and I let out my breath, glad she was not one of those teachers who wanted me to tell the class who I was and where I’m from.  

I see a seat in the second row and I hurry up and take it. I look at the clock as Mrs. Hope goes into a lesson about the book Macbeth.  

I sometimes wonder what would happen if my mother was here with me.  She left us when I was little, so I didn’t know much about her, but I knew when she was there, she was always there for me.

I remember how she used to push my hair back from my face when I was sick and how every morning she would wake me up by singing a song.

She used to tell me these stories about mermaids and sea glass and she would always have a smile on her face.  She always told me I could do anything I put my mind too, and everytime she said it, I believed it. 

When she left, I was lost.

She wasn’t there when I needed her the most.

 I had no one to talk to when I went through all my awkward teenage years and I had no one there to understand how I felt. 

My father tried. He would try his hardest to understand what was going on, but he and I both know it was a lost cause. 

He knew he wasn't my mom.