Prologue

Febuary 27, 2005

"Come on old man, you can't give me a new bike and expect me not go for a ride." Amber grins at her father but he shook his head.

"Not now after the race, okay? Hurry up, I don't want to be late." She groaned but nodded.

"Fine." She huffed and walked out the garage into the house to get her stuff.

The father daughter pair walked onto the track towards the paddock. A few racers walked by and greeted them and gave a short "goodluck." They reached the paddock, where their friend Nick was standing.

"Morning." John, Amber's father, said. Nick looked up and smiled.

"Ready for retirement?"

"Dad doesn't like the 'R' word." Amber says to Nick, who chuckles. "He says it makes him feel old."

Her father and Nick laugh.
"Burnout." Nick said to John and he nodded and went to his bike. He got on and reeved the engine then held the gas down after they locked his front wheel.

The smell of burning rubber filled the air and the smoke went everywhere.

Her phone rang and she pulled it out and saw it was Robert.

"I have to take this." She kissed her father on the cheek then walked away, answering her phone.

"Dave's Auto shop and repair, this is Jerry speaking."

Robert chuckled. "Hello to you too."

"Wassup Downey?"

"I just wanted to let you know I'm here." Amber started walking towards the entrance.

"Come down to the gate, I'll let you in."

"Alright." She hung up.

Robert walked to the gate and waited. When it opened he smiled at her and she returned it.

"Hi." He said and they hugged.

"I missed you Bobby."

"I missed you too Amby."

"Let's go before security sees you." She grabbed his hand and pulled him to the pit box, where her father was now fully dressed.

Her father looked up and smiled when he saw Robert.
"Bobby, glad you could make it."

"It's your last race, of course I made it." They hugged and patted eachother on the back.

"Is Susan here?" They pulled away.

"Unfortunately no, she had to fly out to New York for work."

"Racers please make your way to your pit lanes."

"Well that's me." Josh said and picked up his helmet. "I'll see you guys at the finish line." Amber gave her dad a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Goodluck."

"Thank you."

"Don't forget after this, we're racing eachother." She pointed at him and he chuckled.