Hitchiking with two year olds

The ride squished in a box on a truck was very long and boring.  And bumpy, let me add. I was thrown around, bumping into other boxes, and I heard Drew say, "Ouch."

Finally, the truck came to a stop, nearby what I guessed was a busy highway. I heard cars rushing by nearby. 

"We're only stopping for a few minutes, " A man yelled loudly to another guy. I heard doors slamming. "Then we've got to get these boxes to the factory." 

"Alright," Another voice said back. 

The voices got quieter and quieter until I couldn't hear them anymore. 

"Guys?" Liam called from somewhere, his voice muffled. "Everybody okay?"

"Yeah, I think so," I responded. The Rays and Harry all grunted yeah, not sounding very excited. 

"Should we escape now or once they reach the factory?" Harry asked.

"Hard to call, but we've only got a few minutes to decide," Clay said. 

"I say now, I can't take being in this dang box any longer," I said. 

"But how, exactly?" Liam asked.

"Yeah..... I guess we didn't really think that through," Drew said. 

"I think I can fit my finger through this little hole," Harry said. 

"Oh gooooddd don't say that," I said. 

"Maybe I can pry it open from the corner," Harry said. I heard a bunch of ripping of wood as Harry tried to open it. "Got it!" He said.

"Now quick, open us up!" Liam said. 

I heard Harry going around to each of boxes, prying them open, until finally he got to mine. The sunlight burst through the box and I stood up straight, stretching my sore body. "Owww," I said. 

"Let's go, before they get back," Clay said. He rolled open the back of the truck and we hopped out, taking in the surroundings. We were on the side of a busy highway, stopped at a small, run down gas station. I peered in and saw two huge men with their backs to us, standing at the counter. 

"Come on!" Liam said, leading the way to the side of the truck, so we were hidden to the men.

"Where do we go?!" I yelled. If we tried to run away, we would be seen, considering there were buildings nearby. 

"Highway!" Liam yelled.

"Are you kidding?" Harry yelled. "We'll die!" 

But Liam was already running towards the street. He ran up to a stoplight, and started waving his hands like a madman.

We followed close behind him and watched as he banged on a car that was stopped. 

"Help!" He yelled. "We're being kidnapped!" 

The women inside the car was sitting with a probably two year old boy in the backseat. She looked pretty petrified at us. 

"Please, let us in!" Liam yelled.

The women unlocked the doors to her car and we piled in. I was squished next to the little boy, who looked at me and smiled, like it was totally normal that a group of six teenage strangers came into his car. He was really cute, I had to admit.

"Who are you people?!" The women shouted. She looked pretty freaked out. Liam was stitting shotgun next to her. 

"Just drive away, please, then we'll explain," He said, talking in a more calming voice than urgent, like it had been before, trying to calm the woman down. 

When the light turned green, she drove away fast, and we all caught our breath. I turned around and looked out the window, back at the gas station, which was fading into the distance. I saw the two men step out of the gas station, running around and panicking. 

I quickly turned back to the front. The women kept driving straight, her hands gripped tightly on the steering wheel.

"Please explain who the hell you people are," She said. 

"Well, I'm Liam, that's Marisa, that's Harry, that's Clay, that's Drew, and that's Cole. What's your name?"

The women looked at Liam like he was crazy. "I'm... Grace." 

"We were being kidnapped and had to get away," Harry said. "They had locked us in their truck."

"You need to call the police," Grace said. 

"No, it's okay," Liam said. "We got away."

"They need to be put in jail!" She said.

I bit my lip nervously. If she called the police, that meant that they would want us back in for interviewing, and I just escaped jail, I was not going back. And the men at the gas station really didn't do anything wrong, they didn't actually kidnap us. We hid in their boxes. But we couldn't tell the women that we were fugitives, so.... problem.

"We.. already called the police, at the gas station," Harry spoke up. "Trust me, they'll be put in jail." 

 "Alright," Grace said. 

"So.... how's your day going?" Drew asked.

It took about an hour for the rescue plane to come and get us. We all piled out of the plane and got onto a small plane piloted by a blond man of about thirty, who gave us blankets and jackets to get warm.

"Where were you guys on your way to when you crashed?" The pilot, he said his name was Jason, asked. 

"Argentina," Josh answered. He was still pale with fear, but other than that he seemed okay. "Isn't that where you're taking us?"

Jason looked at something complicated on the plane. "I have enough gas to get there. I can take you guys there if you want."

The other passengers agreed and began calling their family and friends to tell them that they were okay and on their way. 

Josh and I sat down next to each other, him still shaking. "You seem pretty relaxed about this," he said, eyeing me strangely. 

I shrugged. "I've been through my share of plane crashes."

His eyebrows raised. "Really?"

"Yeah. I even jumped out of one once."

His eyes got huge. 

I laughed, "I'm just kidding," I said, hitting him. "Jump out of plane? Who would do that?"'

He laughed, "Then why are you so calm?"

"I dunno. I guess I figure freaking out isn't gonna help anything, so I just don't. I havn't jumped out of a plane, but I've done some pretty weird things."

He smiled. "Like what?"

"Well, my boyfriend knows how to shoot a gun and could probalby beat Mike Tyson in a fight."

"That's really creepy."

I laughed, "Not really. He also completly forgot who I was a couple weeks ago."

"What? Why?"

"A kidnapper who loves me erased it so he could test me, my best friend, and her boyfriend brains so they would know how we would react and could make clones of us, except they turned out kind of evil and we ended up bombing the building they were made."

He stared at me like I was insane. 

"Josh..." I said slowly, "I'm kidding. Lighten up."

"Oh," he laughed again. "Haha. Okay."

A woman about twenty with short blonde hair walked up to us, holding a cell phone. "Do you kids have  phones?"

"No," we both answered. 

"Do you need to call anyone?"

Suddenly I remembered that Clay had given me his number, and I'd put it in the pocket of my jeans. I wondered if he still had his phone as I pulled it out and said, "Yes, please."