Stupid floor.

We stood in front of the abandoned house, and I wrapped my arms a little tighter around my waist. Damn, it was cold. Was it really already December? "Why do we have to stay here for the night?" I asked, looking up at the wooden house. It looked like at any moment a dead person would walk out screaming at us to get off their lawn, or the house would simply crumple ontop of us.

"Do you have any better ideas?" Liam asked, and when I shook my head no, he shrugged and opened the door.

The inside was just as bad as the outside. Cobwebs and other acient things surrounded us, and when Marisa said, "Should we go upstairs and look around?" no one answere but Liam. 

"How about we just stay down here for right now, baby? We don't really need to look around."

She glanced up the staircase that lead to the next level and nodded, agreeing. "Yeah. Good idea."

Harry found the light switch, and we all collasped. Marisa was on the couch, Liam on a pull out chair, Harry on another couch in the corner, and me on a dusty beanbag on the floor. 

Slowly, everyone's breathing began to get steady and I figured they were all asleep. I looked around at them, noticing that they all looked like hell. Marisa's blonde hair was stuck to her face in a frizzed knot, dirty was smeared up her arms and face. She was in jeans and a green shirt that I didn't remember her changing into, and on her feet were sneakers I think she got for her birthday last year. Liam's tan was slowly fading away, leading him slightly paler. His hair was short, he'd recently gotten it cut before all this happened, but it was still sitcking up in a few random places. He was covered in dried blood and mud, wearing jeans, a white t-shirt, and black shoes.

Then I looked at Harry, and my breathing got faster without my permission. His hair was everywhere, in a curly mess that was still somehow attractive. A line of dried blood trickled down his left cheek, and I was curious as to when he'd gotten it. His black shirt was a shade darker than it had been before, and his jeans and grey shoes were filthy.

I stood, not trusting myself to be in the same room as him after I hit him on the plane, and started to walk around the house, searching for the bathroom. The floor creaked each time that I stepped, and the darkness of the thing was scary enough.

I was pretty sure I was lost. In a damn house. How do you even do that?

Suddenly, I stepped and the wood broke, splitting in half and sending me falling into the floor. I felt my body falling and screamed, reaching up for something but coming up with nothing but thick air. I fell hard on my ass and looked up. The floor above me had a pretty big hole, and I figured I was in the basement. 

A really, really dark basement.

Oh Jesus.

I refused to get up. My butt hurt, and my head was still pounding from falling. Plus it was so dark that I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face. I sat there for about two minutes, shaking and looking aorund despertly for a light and debating screaming my head off and hoping to wake up someone, when I heard a voice.

"Can I ask why your in a basement?"

I stiffened, because it wasn't a good voice. Not Liam, or Marisa, or even Harry, but a certain ginger.

"I fell."

"I can see that, babe. You need some help?"

"From you? No, Jean. Last time I saw you you tried to shoot me."

"Aaaaaahhh you wrong there. I tried to shoot your friends. I never really tried to shoot you."

"Same thing. Now will you please get me out of here?"

He chuckled and I saw a rope fall from the floor. I grabbed it and felt myself being pulled up and collasped, feeling happy that there was light. That was, until I felt Jean's warm hand on the back of my hoodie, yanking me up roughly.

"C'mon," Jean said, dragging me back into the room. He flicked the lights on and slowly Liam, Marisa, and Harry woke up.

"Kayla what did you doooo?" Marisa moaned, attempting to un-friz her hair.

"I didn't do anything. The floor decided to break."

Jean tightened his grip on me and Harry stiffened in his position. Jean pulled out a gun and pressed it to my neck. "Everyone get up."

"No way in hell," Liam started to say, but Harry was already moving over to us, his eyes focused on the gun that was pressed to my neck with something like anxeity. "It's not like Jean'll actually shoot her anyway though," Liam said.

"I will. I swear it I will."

"Liam," Harry hissed. "C'mon."

Liam reluctantly moved over, holding hands with Marisa. 

"Now walk outside and get in the car. If you try to run away I'll shoot."