Harry's brain and blueberry waffles

None of us really slept that night, especially not Harry. I could hear him and Liam whispering in the room next door as I slept alone in my bedroom, feeling alone without Kayla. It was a bit weird being surrounded by a bunch of guys without Kayla to keep me company. But it wasn't a bad thing, either.

I fell asleep finally for a little bit, and when I woke up Harry was already downstairs in the kitchen with a cup of coffee.

"Since when do you drink coffee?" I asked.

"Since I haven't got any sleep," He murmured back, looking dazed.

I shrugged, understanding him.

Liam got up next, sitting down next to us, and finally the Rays got up. Drew handed us bowls and a box of cereal, not giving a smile or anything.

"So I scheduled the appointment for today," Clay said. "We'll go in at about twelve."

"Have you got it all figured out?" Liam asked.

"What?" Clay asked.

"Like how you are going to pass off as parents?"

"OH! I have an idea!" Clay said, snapping his fingers and giving a playful grin. "Me and Drew can be your gay dads!"

"Oh god," Harry sighed.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" Clay said.

"I don't know, do you think I could pass off as gay?" Drew asked.

"Yeah, probably," Liam smiled.

Drew glared at him.

Twelve o'clock came and we drove over back to the hospital. Drew and Clay told us to act as their kids and go along with whatever they said or had to make up. When we entered the hospital, the same women that greeted us the other day appeared at the counter, smiling.

"Hello," Clay said in a higher-than-usual voice. "We are here for our son Harold's surgery."

"You're son... oh! Okay!" The woman said, looking back and forth from Clay and Drew. 

"So you just need to fill out these few papers and then we can take him back," She said, handing Drew a huge pile of papers clipped to a clipboard.

"Few?" Drew complained.

For the next ten minutes Drew and Clay pretty much made up our lives- birthdays, allergies, where we were born, signatures, etc. Finally, they handed the papers back and they were ready for Harry.

"Can we come back with him?" Liam asked hopefullly as the woman was about to guide Harry away, who looked fairly nervous. Could you blame him?

The woman looked at our hopefull group. "Yes, I suppose, since you are all immediate family."

We followed her through hallway after hallway until we reached double doors that said surgical procedures on it and into a big room that was pretty much the exact image of a grey's anatomy horror moment- scalples, knifes, and a bunch of other pointy things, as well as shots, machines, and three other doctors with masks on.

"Okay, now I'm not so sure about this," Harry said nervously next to me as they instructed him to sit in the big chair.

"Don't worry, you won't feel any pain until after," The woman said. "And that only lasts for like.. a few days."

"Oh, goody," Harry gritted his teeth and sat down.

One of the men in the masks gave him a shot that knocked him out in a matter of seconds, and then they told us to go stand behind the glass window and wait until they were done, which would be in an hour or so.