CAPITULO XVI

A/N: Camille's pic on the left-->>

-------------------------

Pinagmasdan niya ang babaing nasa kanyang harapan.  Hindi siya maaring magkamali na siya ang matalik niyang kaibigan.  Parehong mala-pusa ang kanilang mga mata, matangos ang ilong at manipis ang mga labi.  Ngunit isang moderno at kakaibang Callasandra ang nasa harapan niya.  Dati’y ang buhok nito ay itim at kulot, ngayo’y diretso at kulay pula.  Sa kanyang alaala, ang Callasandrang kilala niya ay simple at hindi mahilig maglagay ng kahit ano sa mukha.  Ngayon, ang mukhang may likas na ganda ay natatakpan ng pulbos at matingkad na pula sa kanyang pisngi at labi.  Dati’y nababakas sa kanya ang hinhin at yumi--ehemplo ng isang dalagang Pilipina.  Ngunit ang babaing kaharap niya ay taliwas sa babaing itinuring niyang higit pa sa isang kapatid.  Muling nagbalik ang mga katangungang humihingi ng kasagutan.

“Do you know that it is rude to stare?”  Napansin niyang pati ang pananalita nila ay iba.  Banayad at magalang kung magsalita si Callasandra.  Banyaga kung magsalita at may bahid ng pang-aaba at pag-ayop ang sa ngayon.

“Camille, that is enough!”  Jordan hissed.  He holds Anthea’s hand and keeps her close to him.

“Babe, can we talk?” Camille rolled her eyes at Anthea and then turned to Jordan.  He told Anthea to sit on the sofa while he talks to Camille outside the unit.

He is standing in front of the woman he used to love for three years.  Her almond eyes, straight nose, and luscious lips used to enthrall him--but they did not have the same effect anymore.  The longing and yearning for her weren’t there anymore.  His feeling towards her is non-existent.  Standing in front of her, he realized that her beauty was  incomparable with Anthea’s--like a rhinestone to a diamond.

“Geoff and I broke up--the marriage is off.”  She held his hand.

“Okay,” he answered curtly.  He doesn’t give a damn.

“I miss you, Jordan--”

“Is that why you’re here?” He interrupted her.  “I am not your fall back, Camille.”  He releases his hand from her hold.

“I know that I am a day and a dollar short, but I want us to have a chance again,” she pleaded her ex-lover.  Aware that the girl’s eyes are still with them, she tries to put up show.  She pulls him closer and captured his lips.  She holds him tight--gives him the tongue to show that Jordan was still hers.

Camille can feel the difference with Jordan’s kiss.  It wasn’t as passionate as before.  She could feel his love and passion when he kissed her.  But now--it becomes stiff and empty.

Anthea occupied his mind while kissing Camille.  He could feel a slight pain in his heart that moment--as if someone stabbed a dagger in it.  He tried to focus on the kiss, waiting for the old feelings to kick in--but nothing.  All he can think about is Anthea’s beauty, laugh and smile.  Even when her brows furrowed when something worries her that makes his heart sore when he sees it.  The love he had for Camille just died when she left him standing at the altar.  It was then brought back to life and nourished by Anthea’s gentle smile.  He ended the kiss.

The feelings he had for the woman he once thought he love--drifted away.  It was washed out by the sea.

“What’s the matter?” Camille raised a brow.

“This… “ He looked disgustingly at his ex and then sighed.  “Isn’t going to work out--I am sorry.”

“Oh my, I can’t believe this.” She laughed mockingly.  “It’s her, isn’t it?”  She stands in akimbo and rolls her eyes.