Chapter 39

Nash's POV-
Sam and Lily just stood there. I could sense Madi getting upset. She picked up Leah and started walking over to them, I grabbed her arm.

"Madi? Are you sure you want to talk to her?" I asked.

"Yes, can you take Leah?" I nodded and she handed me Leah.

"Ma-ma" Leah babbled and pointed towards Madi.

"Yeah sweetheart. That's mommy." I sighed still thinking about last night.

Madi's POV-
I walked over to Sam and Lily. I gave a fake smile.

"Madi, I'm sorry. I've been busy." Lily said.

"Save it. Let me talk." I said furiously, she nodded.

"How could you? She's your niece. Connor's daughter. You haven't even texted any of the guys or me to explain. You just run off. It's been a year Lily. A year! We tried to tell you multiple times. And once we did, you were mad and I understand. But still Connor and I wanted you to focus on school. We both knew you'd move back. We didn't want to hurt you any more than we did. I honestly should be apologizing because I'm not the one who hasn't been in her niece's life for a year. But I am sorry." I explained.

Lily just stood there. Sam walked over to Nash and Leah.

"I'm sorry Madi. Everything has just been a bit too much. Can I meet her now?" Lily looked like a lost puppy.

"No, because me, you and Leah are gonna go to Connor's place. Now." I said walking back to get Leah.

"Nash, Lily and I are gonna take Leah and go over to Connor's." I said grabbing her off the ground.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Everything is fine. I'll call you later." I gave him a quick kiss and headed back to Lily, "We will take my car." I said.

*At Connor's*
"Here hold her." I handed Leah over to Lily and she started to fuss, "Mommy needs to find her key."

"You have a key to Connor's place?" Lily questioned.

"Yeah he gave me one just in case." I rummaged through my purse and soon found the key. I unlocked the door and went inside.

"You can set her down." I assured Lily. She nodded and did so.

"Connor!?" I yelled.

"In the shower!" A reply yelled back. I headed my way to the bathroom and then got stopped by Lily's voice, "You're just gonna walk in?"

"Yes. He's behind a curtain Lily." I laughed. I went in, "Coming in." I assured Connor.

"Whatcha need? I'm conditioning."

"I have a surprise so hurry." I said as opened the door to leave and then Connor stopped me.

"Madi, we actually need to talk. Again." He stated.

"Okay. Just hurry." I walked back into the the living room to see Lily looking at Connor's collage of pictures of Leah, me and him, and the O2L boys, except Sam.

"A year can change a lot," Lily said, "Sam and I aren't in any of these."

"Well it's new, Connor just moved here two months after Leah came."

"It would've still been nice to be included." Lily stated quietly.

A few minutes later after silence, I heard footsteps come from the bathroom and then Connor spoke, "Hey Madi, do you think we can go out Fri-" He cut himself off when he saw Lily standing in his living room.

"W-what are you doing here?" Connor stuttered.

Lily started to speak up but I stepped in front of her because Connor looked pretty upset, "Con, I can explain. We ran into each other at the park, and I already went off on her so don't blow up. Okay?"

Connor took a deep breath and looked at Lily, "Explain yourself."

Lily spoke, "I was having problems with my health. When I went to the doctor, they gave me the result that I had lung cancer, but when I flew back, they told me that they had accidentally mixed up results. I was so scared of telling you guys. And also, I feel like ever since I moved to New York for school, you guys haven't been talking to me as much. I know you have lives of your own. I'm sorry I've been a bitch over these last few months. I want to be an aunt to Leah, and a sister to my brother."

"Is that why you're back?" I asked her.

"Not just that. I'm done with school, and me and Sam are thinking about getting a place together. I want to be with the people I love." She explained.

Connor was about to speak, but I cut him off because I already knew he was going to say something ignorant, "Awh. Well good luck with that I guess."

"Yeah thanks," Lily said in a differed tone, "I don't think I'm wanted here right now so I'm gonna call Sam and have him pick me up."

She grabbed her purse and then walked out the door. After that Connor spoke, "I don't want her around my child."

"Connor, Leah is not just yours. You did not carry her in your stomach for nine months."  I remarked.

"Leah doesn't need an aunt who wasn't in her life for the first year." Connor scoffed.

"Calm down. Connor, just think about everything Lily just said to us."

"Madi, it just doesn't seem right. Why would she hide that from us? Can we just talk about something else?" Connor groaned.

Then I remembered. Nash.

"Actually I have to go talk to Nash. Can you take Leah for the night, again? Please." I begged.

"Yeah. No problem." Connor replied. I grabbed my keys and my purse, "Thank you Connor. I owe you." I said on my way out the door.

*****

A/N

Hey guys.. It has been forever. Sorry. Ive been working hard on my school bc hey I'm not a sophomore so kms. i just got half done with mid-term exams and i passed them all so yay. but hey rn I'm working on chapter 40 w/ TWDandJaiWaetford so wish us luck bc idk when it'll be up