Chapter 7; Yours to hold

Chapter 7; Yours to hold (edited)

"Ryder, wait!" I called out as I did my best to limp down the hall with the crutches. Ryder turns around in the sea of boys to look for me but someone suddenly runs into me and I land on the ground hard. "Keeva!" I hear him yell. I curl up and try not to get kicked or stomped on.

"Dammit! Everyone stop moving!" Ryder bellows. Immediately, everyone froze and cleared a path for Ryder. His eyes move over the hallway until they stop on me, curled up on the floor. His eyes darkened and he stalks towards me. "Ryder," I breathed in relief when he lifts me to my feet. "Are you okay?" He questions, searching my eyes as his hands cradle my face. I nodded and point to my fallen crutch, "Could you get that, please?"

He quickly retrieves it and waves everyone on as he wraps a arm around my waist, leading me to class. "You should've waited for me this morning, princess," He murmurs when we finally enter class. "You weren't awake and I felt bad at the thought of waking you up," I explain simply. Ryder chuckles, helping me sit in my seat, "Of course you did."

"Ryder, surprised to see you here," Mr. John remarks when he notices us. Ryder looks over with a guarded expression, "I had a reason to come." Mr. John's eyes flicker to me for a second at Ryder's words, "I see. Well it's good to have you," He says cheerfully.

I giggle at the strange expression on Ryder's face. He turns to look at me with a amused grin, "And what's so funny?" I smiled, "Your face," I explained. Before we could say anymore, Marcus comes stumbling through the door and behind was a angry looking Ayato. When I looked closer, Marcus had a black eye and a bloody lip along with his broken nose while Ayato had bloody fists.

Ryder seemed to notice too cause he motions Ayato over. Ayato walks over with a grin but I could still see anger in his eyes. "What's up, guys?" He says cheerfully. Ryder leant forward on his desk, "Get in a fight with Marcus?" He asks.

Ayato nods, "He started saying shit to people about Keeva," he explains, nodding at me. I bit my lip in worry, "Are you okay?" I blurted out. He laughs and nods, "I'm fine, Keeva," He says gently. I could feel Ryder's eyes on me as I smiled, "Thank you for defending my honor, Ayato."

Ayato grins, "No problem." Unfortunately before any of us could say more, Mr. John calls the class to order. Since I still didn't have my textbook, Ryder scoots his desk closer to mine until they were touching and sets his book in the middle of both out connected desks.

Suddenly, he entwines our hands and a soft gasp leaves my lips. My eyes shot up to his but he was had his head down, reading the textbook, paying no attention to me. I looked down to my own lap, smiling.

When Ryder squeezes my hand and meets my eyes for a second, I squeeze right back with a happy grin on my face.

******

"Keeva?" Ryder asks from where he was laying on my bed. I glance up from my guitar to look at him. "Yes, Ryder?"

After school, Ryder had followed me up to my room and had flopped onto my bed while I sat at my desk with guitar. I had just been strumming random chords out of boredom while I listened to Ryder talk about his favorite bands and all.

Currently, Ryder was still laying on my bed, only he was quiet and his head was turned my way. "Whats your favorite band?" He asks. I smiled, my elbow resting on the top of my guitar, "I love most of the bands that you do but my favorite is Skillet," I answered.

Ryder shifts so he was sitting crossed legged on my bed instead of laying down, "Can you sing something?" He requests, grinning boyishly. I blush, "I- I don't-" Ryder's pleading golden eyes cut me off and I nodded instead.

I started playing the chords to Yours To Hold by Skillet. " I see you standing here. But you're so far away. Starving for your attention. You don't even know my name." I sang quietly, sending a nervous glance at Ryder who nods encouragingly. " You're going through so much. But I know that I could be the one to hold you."

Stunning me, Ryder suddenly joins in for the chorus. "Every single day, I find it hard to say. I could be yours alone. You will see someday, that all along the way. I was yours to hold, I was yours to hold." My heart sped up when he holds up a hand signaling to me to stop.

"I see you walking by, your hair always hiding your face. I wonder why you've been hurting. I wish I had some way to say. You're going through so much. Don't you know that I could be the one to hold you." I was so shocked at how his beautiful voice but every note perfectly that I stopped playing and froze.

Ryder smirks, rising from the bed and walking over to me. "Surprise," He whispers, leaning down so his nose brushes mine. I gasp as he leans in closer, his hand holding the back of my head.

"Keeva? Ryder?" Blake calls through the door, knocking loudly. Instantly, Ryder jumps away from me. His eyes were wide as he storms to the door and throws it open. Before Blake could say, or do, anything, Ryder pushes past him and downstairs.

When Ryder disappears, Blake turns to me a sheepish grin, "Dinners ready." I smiled my thanks and put away my guitar, "I'll be right down." Blake nods and disappears as well.

I sigh and shuffle to my closet, rummaging through it before pulling out my black sundress. I quickly change and grab my crutches. I get my door open and yelp when I see Ryder again. "Ryder?" He looks up and offered a hand to help me, "I'm sorry, Princess. I know how you feel and my feelings are the same but I told you last night I'm not good enough for you."

I blush but reach up to kiss his cheek. "I understand, Ryder, but I'm not giving up hope. And you're more than good enough," I whisper softly, as he helps me limp down the stairs.

"You're too stubborn for your own good." Ryder chuckles, amusement dancing in his eyes. I rolled my eyes, "Get use to it." He grins, kissing my forehead, "You look beautiful, princess."

I blush at his words, "T-thank you." I stuttered as we entered the kitchen. "How are you doing, Keeva?" Xavier asks as we pass him. I glance up, "My jaw stings and my ankle hurts like hell but besides that, I'm jolly." I said sarcastically.

I swear everyone but Ryder froze to stare at me in shock. Ryder glares at them when I started fidgeting shyly under their stares, "She's just comfortable around us now," He growls.

He sits me down in a chair than sits down beside me. I nervously look around at everyone but they're all grinning. Mr. Carlisle comes in than, "Everyone, I have some exciting news."