CaPtAiN mArVeL (BiLlY)

"Places! Places everyone!" Yelled a frantic Mr. Hutchinson, "The play's about to begin!" He, along with everyone else, ran around backstage preparing the final touches for the play. Except y/n. No, she was left pacing at the front of the school waiting not so patiently for dear old Billy. The play they were putting on in Fawcett High that evening was none other than the classic tale of Rumpelstiltskin and Billy was the main character, old Rumple himself. So of course, the sixteen year old kid just had to ditch y/n and the school... Again.

"Where on Earth is he?!" Y/n scowled, her pacing at a steady beat on the stairs of the school, "It doesn't take this long to get milk!"

As if her prayers had been answered, her phone had rang, vibrating in her school bag. Y/n reached for it and answer it with a clearly angry tone. It was Billy.

"Where the hell are you?!" She hissed, "opening is in three minutes!"

"I know I know I'm sorry. I just got side tracked... I'll be there in like half a minute." Billy responded on the other end, his voice rushed and a tad deeper than usual.

"You better be!" Y/n hung up and threw her phone in her bag once more before peering down each sides of the street for a certain black haired kid.

Ten unanswered phone calls later came time for the play. Though Billy was no where in sight. So what did the drama club do? Well, they used his stand in and let the play go on.

Everyone was chill with this, as their new Rumpelstiltskin was equally as good as Billy and they were used to this attitude from him but y/n has a serious issue with his absence. Ever since the beginning of high school, Billy has practically neglected all responsibilities as a friend to y/n and student in school to the exemption of hanging out once in a while during the weekends which (surprisingly) had a limit. This was especially hard for her during lunch, as he was the only good friend she had made. And what made it hurt even more was y/n had began to develops a crush for Billy. So as y/n played the millers daughter in the play, she decided that this absence from Billy was the final straw.

•••

The next day of school followed as normal. Y/n was going through school her way and Billy had just appeared for first period along with lunch.

"See? I'm not late!" He had said as he slid into the bench opposite of y/n in the cafeteria. Despite the guarantee that he was bound to leave, y/n cracked a smile.

"Good thing too. I have to much to tell you," she grinned and her and Billy began to eat while spinning stories that they haven't told each other yet. Blissful laughing could be heard from their table until y/n was cut short of her story by the ringing of Billy's phone.

Y/n stopped talking and frowned deeply. Billy look like the guiltiest teenager in the world, "You don't mind if I answer this, do you?"

"Of course I do, Billy. But I've already gotten used to you leaving me. So go ahead. Just leave already. But just know that the second your foot leave his cafeteria, so may our friendship."

Billy's hand froze before it reached his phone. The expression on his face was unreadable, "What? Y/n, you're over reacting. I'm just—"

"No, Billy, I'm not over reacting. What month are we in? April, right? When did we become friends? Last September? Well every single lunch from that day you have ditched me. Every one. I've kept count. All of last year and so far from this year. And every time you left it hurt me, thinking that I wasn't good enough for your time. And I just..." Y/n's face was so done with everything as she stabbed her food with her fork.