DiCk

character- dick (sorry I know i just did him but just bear with me for the sake of this holiday)
season- 1
relationship- friends
sh/n - superhero name
y/w - your weapon

"recognized. sh/n B08."

walking into the cave, you were extra happy. this morning you gave your mother her Mother Day present and she burst out into grateful tears. it made you feel happy that she was happy.

you walked deeper into the cave to the kitchen/living room to get a snack. most of the team was still out. kaldur, Wally and Artemis was out wishing their mothers a happy Mother's Day. m'gann went out with Martian man hunter, Connor went out with his other motherless friends, and you had no idea were dick was. probably out with Bruce or something.

walking into the kitchen, you grabbed an apple and a bag of chips and went to sit on the bed and began binging while you watched my little pony. the cave was empty so you had no shame.

but a noise came from somewhere. where the rooms were. turning off the tv, you grabbed your y/w and quickly made your way to the hallway. you abandoned your food.

you kept a sharp eye and ear out and tried to find the source of the location. you soon figured out it was coming from dicks room. well that made no sense. he was almost never in there. which meant....

you gasped and swiftly grabbed the door handle, turning it ever so slightly. seeing what was inside made your insides shatter into a million pieces.

sitting on the bed was dear old dick himself, crying his eyes out. all the furniture was sprawled on the ground and the bed sheets were all over the floor.

you dropped y/w and threw open the door, "dick!" you said, your eyes wide.

his head shot up, looking right at you. he was speechless.

"what are you doing?!" you said and slowly went to him. he burst into tears again.

why the heck was he crying? you thought. you were automatically at his side, rubbing his back. he fell into your arms as you let him cry. better to get your shirt wet and snotty them eventually her himself. it was a miracle dick hasn't yet.

after a few minutes of dick crying, he seemed to stop, still clinging onto you. you could tell me wasn't going to let go.

you kept wanting to ask what happened, but he would say it when ready, if he was even going to.

dick sniffed, breaking the silence and slowly let go of you. he sat up straight and looked down at his fingers, "my mom." he slowly said, "she died. and my dad but... today's Mother's Day..." he sniffed again and wiped his cheeks.

it made sense to you know. his mother was gone. he was just grieving.

you sighed pitifully and this time grabbed him in a hug. he wrapped his arms around you and squeezed back.

"wanna watch voltron?" you whispered into his hair. ((au- was originally my little pony but voltron is superior in every way))

he let out a half hearted chuckle and nodded, "yea." he whispered in your hair.

"great." you pulled away and kissed her cheek passionately before grabbing his hand and pulling him to the living room.

happily ever after might be an exaggeration, but you guys were fairy happy together after that.

I think I teared up a little 💖😭