JaMiE - 4-11k special 3/3

alright before I start can I just say THANK YOU FOR 8-11K I LOVE YOU ALL!

s2

Requested by
@CedarWood120

Y/n - your name

The song repeated again and again on the circus's speakers. Every time the same tune played, shivers ran up your spine. As if the atmosphere couldn't have got any creepier, bumps and clicks could be hear in the shadows.

"Aw, are you afraid?" Jamie teased, "We can totally turn around if you want, y/n. No shame in that."

It was a cloudy night in October and you and Jamie had the wonderful  idea to start a contest. Visit a creepy, discarded circus. First to ditch the game was out and had to do the other's bidding for a week.

You gulped and resisted the urge to hold his hand, "No. No- I can do this. No way am I letting you win."

"Alright then. But don't hesitate to call quits." He smirked as the two of you entered the gloomy food section. Hundreds of forgotten food trucks and abandoned food shops lay around the perimeter. Such a waste of food, you had to admit.

"In the mood for Chinese?" You practically dared the Hispanic boy to enter a once impressive looking Chinese store. The sign endorsing the store was cleanly ripped off left with the bleak outline. From what you could see in the store, it was disgusting and was helpfully terrifying, promising a rat infestation or a rotten smell. Sure enough, all the expectations were met as the creaky door opened by Jamie.

"This isn't that bad," he said, hesitantly stepping over a shape that looked suspiciously of a human skull, "it could be worse..."

"Sure chico,"  you mocked him following him close behind, "sit on a chair then." you commented. Jamie looked at you surprised and disgusted.

"This is suppose to be scary. This isn't scary, y/n," Jamie gave you a look. You returned it with a smirk.

"Do you smell that?" You said smugly. Or as smug as you can get in a creepy circus, "I think it's... chicken."  But Jamie just rolled his eyes at you and turned to the chair mumbling in Spanish until he hesitantly sat down on the stained chair.

For the next two hours, the trip went along like this. You and Jamie kept daring each other to do scary things, like walk alone into a creepy tent, or investigate a scary noise. Needless to say, you two were both scared out of your minds and even though you hated to admit it, wanting to hold Jamie's hand after it. But you couldn't back out now. Not while Jamie could have a chance at winning. And it just so happened that there was one more place to go to. The house of mirrors.

Looking up at the chipped sign high above your heads, you and Jamie gulped and nodded at each other, placing one foot in front of the other. But even super heroes get nervous some times. Slowly, Jamie slid his hand in yours with a squeeze, silently hoping that you wouldn't reject his hand. But you were nervous as well. The startling circus music started miraculously up again which didn't help the thick silence that was before. So you stuck to his skin, hoping that his touch wouldn't slip out.

Inside wasn't much toastier than the outside. Cracked mirrors surrounded the two of you, reflecting the terrified faces of you and Jamie here and there. The effect made it seem like a never ending room.

Jamie took in a deep breath, "Venga," he said, "we have to search this place." He pulled your hand deeper into hell. Since the lights weren't in their peak condition, the flickering lights set a dim light reflecting on the glass making everything unclear to see before the two of you.

With all these scary components occupying your brain, you didn't notice the empty space left in your hand. Jamie was gone. Only when you were about to ask him where you were did you notice that to the right of you was no one. Or left. You were alone.

"Jamie?" Your voice projected across the small section in the house of mirrors you were in followed with the unwelcoming silence. You frowned and hugged yourself, "Jamie come back... This isn't funny. Jamie!!!" But he didn't answer. But what did was the mistakable shattering of glass coming from somewhere in front of you. This was the final straw. As if on instinct, you were running there faster than you have ever. The nagging fear that that was Jamie was nagging at you. So you began to think of a battle strategy. The idiots who made this ambush would be sorry.

Running every corner you tried to visit the place where the glass broke and sure enough you stumbled (liberally) across thousands of dangerous shards spread everyone. And what made it worse was the trickle of blood spread across the mess. At that moments, as if things could get worse, not far away from you came the shriek coming from none other than Jamie.

"Shit."

The chase was on now. Every time you would franticly chase the yells of Jamie, you'd go wide with anger and wariness speeding towards the noise. But hearing a buzzing noise, there was no one at the spot the yell was heard.

"What the hell? Jamie where are you? Please?!" You leaned against a mirror, exhausted with the wild goose chase and from screaming your lungs out.

"I'm right here, y/n. No need to yell, nìna," said a noise behind you. You caught your breath and balled up your fist.

Who.

The.

Heck.

Did.

This.

Kid.

Think.

He.

Was?

So without missing a beat, you swiftly turned around, sending a hand beating to Jamie's jaw, "JERK! IDIOT!" You yelled in his face.

But even though that looked like it hurt a lot, the smug little stupid Spanish kid was smirking. He was amused by this!

"Aw. I didn't know you cared," he chuckled, rubbing his cheek.

You narrowed your eyes and stepped on his foot hard, "Imbecile," you scowled but turned around, waking away from him with a blush threatening.

Jamie awed again and caught up to you as the both of you walked out of the once scary house of mirrors, "You looked so worried. It was hilarious," Jamie smiled a bit, liking the thought of you being frantic about his disappearance.

But you weren't that amused. You turned around and shot a finer at him, "Listen here. That wasn't funny and never will be! I was worried about you! I thought you were gonna die! I care for you, Jamie. Just don't do an idiot move like that again. You almost gave me a heart attack!"

Jamie's smirk sloley turned into a shy smile, "You... Care for me?" He looked at you hopefully.

You pursed your lips and turned around sharply, "Idiot." You whispered again.

"Yes, but I'm your idiot!" Jamie called behind you. He couldn't take the smile off his face.

As for who won, Jamie liked to think he did. And he already knew what he'd make y/n do first.

-

Hey guys!! Sorry for the long wait I've been busy with school. Hope you all understand.

You know, I was originally going to make this a rlly creepy story with the joker weirdly here but I thought this was cuter. But even though Jamie doesn't act like himself much in here, I always imagined him with a bit of a playful side, mostly gained from Bart.

Anywho, enjoy this fanfic and be prepared for the next one in the following year. Just kidding! I'll try to upload every weekend but no promises.

Until next time!! <3
Love you all!

***[Majorly Unedited]***