RoBiN (DG)

character- robin (dick)
season- 1
relationship- neutral though secret crushes
y/n- your name
e/c- your eye colour

the team was going on a trip. a retreat, if you will. you were going to camp for a week deep in the forests of Rhode Island, and you had to admit, you were so excited!

once you got to the camp site, the sun started to go down, so you and the team decided to get started.

you, Artemis and m'gann would share a tent, Wally and robin would share one, and kaldur and Connor would share one.

at the moment, Artemis and m'gann were getting fire wood, wally and kaldur went to go fishing and Connor was unpacking some supplies on the other side of the camp site. so that left you and robin to build the tents.

"uh now what?" You looked up at robin, as you shook the big bag in your hands.

"hm..." he fixed his sun glasses and turned the instruction sheet upside down, "you insert the thing... into the thing...?"

you laughed, "do you know what you're doing, rob?"

"of course I do y/n." he said reassuring you, but his expression seemed lost as he started to read the instructions on an angle, "it's just that...  I think this is in Russian..."

"oh?" you stood up and went beside him, holding the paper. you read it. "that's not Russian! that's Italian, you idiot! hand it over. I'll translate."

in a little more than an hour, you both had finished setting up all three tents. you were currently sprawled on the grass floor in one of the tents after just getting it up.

"it's amazing how hard it is to actually out up a tent." he tiredly said.

you laughs and sat up, looking at robin. "yea. weird." you rested your back against the tent and watched robin. you assumed his eyes were closed, but you could never be sure. his stupid sunglasses were always in the way, or his mask. and you hated that. just once you would like to see the colour of his probably gorgeous eyes.

"take a picture. it'll last longer," robin suddenly said, pulling you out from your fantasy. you quickly avoided his gaze and your face burned up like the sun. you fumbled with your words.

robin let out his soft light crackle, the very one you fell in love with. "you're cute when you blush." he commented and sat up, scooting closer to you.

subconsciously, you scooted away from him. your face would've exploded in red if he came any closer.

he slowly brought his hand up to your cheek and stroked it.

"y/n I have to tell you something." he said after a moment of silence.

out of some new found confidence, you had found your voice back. "take off your glasses." you whispered,

robin looked confused at first but his face soon became soft. with his other free hand, he slowly took of his glasses and you instantly recognized him as the ward of Bruce Wayne, Richard grayson. but that meant that Bruce was batman. well, that made sense. how did you not think of that before?

anyhow, you soon were lost in his gleaming blue eyes, "blue. so blue." you whispered.

robin let out a light chuckle. "yea. they're blue. and your eyes are e/c. and very beautiful I might add."

you blushed even more, if that was possible.

"y/n I..." robin, or Richard became flustered. "man this is hard... y/n I like you. a lot. you always bright up my day with your cheesy jokes, or the childish food fights we have. or the way you love to correct me when I make a mistake. everything you do is so cute in its own way. I would die if I ever lost you. I..." he knit his eyebrows and looked you dead in the eye, "I love you."

your eyes widen out of surprise. your crush likes you back! no one in the whole entire universe could've smiled bigger than you.

"and I love you too." you whispered.

his eyes flickered to your lips, "may I?" he whispered. you nodded and tilted your head, slowly moving in.

and, just in cue, a flash f light filled the tent, followed by a chorus of 'aweee's. of course, the rest of the team had been spying on you and recording and picturing every moment. until now, they obnoxiously chose to use the flash. of course, it was wally's idea.

the two of you flew away from each other, you covering your mouth and robin quickly threw on his sunglasses.

"guys!" you yelled, trying to sound mad, but couldn't get the smile off your face, "do you mind?" you threw your hands in exaggeration.

Artemis made a face. "fine. but don't do anything I wouldn't do." she winked and everyone left, though Wally had to be dragged by Artemis. robin took off his glasses again.

you and robin caught each others gaze at the same time and quickly looked away, both your faces burning hot.

"Richard I-" you started, but he interrupted you.

"dick."

"excuse me?!"

"no! that's my name. dick Grayson. call me that. I don't like Richard."

"okay.. dick," you said a little wearily, "I just wanted to let you know that I totally feel the same way about you. your laugh always makes my day much more worth living for. but I'm not sure I'm ready for a relationship.." you said sort of embarrassed.

you looked up at dick as he nodded. "i understand." he paused, "but I still love you."

"I know.. I love you too." you responded with a smile. he gladly returned it. best. camping trip. ever.

hope yea like!
—bella 🌚💖