KaLdUr

s1
d/f/c - dead favourite character

"Y/n? Where are you?" Down the hall, Kaldur's voice masked the soft sobbing coming from your throat. You caught your breath, not wanting him to hear you crying for some stupid reason. You stayed quiet until you were sure he had gone. You resumed your pouting, thinking about the death of your favourite character on your favourite tv show.

Since the cave was empty, and kaldur left still looking for you, you had a good amount of time to think things through. With the topic of death on your mind, you thought of what the death of kaldur or the team or your family would do to you. And the thought of their death just made you cry harder. Death was inevitable and there was nothing you could do about. What would you do to prevent it?

The cries filled your ears and tears clouded your eyes; blocking the outside world. So when you felt arms wrap around your torso, you flinched not expecting it. After you blinked hard you noticed the strong, beautiful brown arms of kaldur.

Even though you didn't want anyone to see you cry, you welcomed his touch.

"What happen, y/n?" Kaldur frowned.

"d/f/c... died," that made you burst out crying again, so you wiggled your body in a more comfortable next to Kaldur.

You expected him to laugh or act like you were joking but he nodded and squeezed you stronger.

"Death is nothing to be afraid of, y/n. He/she/they were/was a fictional character. In your head you could always make an alternative ending. Characters only die if you want them to."

"Would you not die if I wanted you to?" You looked up at him with wide expectant eyes.

"Y/n," kaldur sighed, realizing that this wasn't just about fictional characters, "dying is apart of life and if I die I'll die happily know that you.... you're my friend."

"But people could die at any point in life. An unexpected car crash or a terrorist attack, kaldur! What if you die before I tell you something important or what if my family dies before their time. I'm not ready to lose someone important to my life."

"Y/n—"

"And think about it. One day we will die. So what's the point of living now if in the end all those wasted breaths will be for nothing."

"Y/n."

"And, Kaldur, there's so much things I wanna do. Go through more life experiences, be a normal teenage, get married..." You lowered your eyes from his and scooted away from from Kaldur.

You were both quiet for a second. Kaldur took in what you said which made him muster up the courage to do what he's wanted to do for a while now.

"Y/n—"

"Yes?" You didn't miss a beat as you snapped up your gaze at him; a hands away. Kaldur moved his hands to support your back.

"You don't have to be worried," with his other hand, he stroked your cheek, "I'm never going anywhere. I don't ever want to leave your side, so I won't. It would break me beyond death to see you mourning anything or anyone. I swear on Neptune's trident that nothing bad would ever happen. Ever. Because I love you, y/n. And love is something that not even death can break. You may not feel the same, but that doesn't matter. I'll never leave your side. I'll always protect you. Death is something that won't happen until we're both old and happy. I'll ensure that. You'll be safe. Always."