A Rainy Summer 35

~Chapter (35)~

           “When you wish someone joy, you wish them peace, love, prosperity, happiness. . . all the good things.”

           -Maya Angelou

           They say love makes you blind, it makes you do crazy things –things you never imagined you would do. Love changes everything, from your emotions and feelings to your attitude, the way you look at life. Whether it is a positive effect, or a negative one, love brings a new foreign element into our carefully balanced equation, it’s like adding an organic fertilizer to plants to guarantee an enhanced harvest.

           Some people claim that if you had never been in love, then you haven’t truly experienced life, yet. Honestly, I have to agree with that statement, because the only time when you start about caring more about a certain person, is when you are in love. You find yourself thinking about all the time, dreaming about him, worrying frantically when he’s only ten minutes late, calling every half an hour to check on him when he’s sick. Even in the simplest stuff, like when you decide to order a pizza, and choose a pepperoni one, only because it’s his favorite.

           Love might be magical, but it can also be terribly confusing.

           Countless thoughts travelled through my mind, as I laid motionlessly on my bed, with my eyes glued to the ceiling. I could almost sense the different signals punching one another, it was so tormenting. I was so confused, I had the shampoo mistaken for the body wash, and the floor for the bed. Idiotic stupidity had struck me, it was as if my brain was left back in that hospital room, where Liam made that confession. I wish I could press on a rewind switch, I would have gone back home with Jordan instead.

           I was dealing with a huge dilemma, my feelings were scattered all over the place, part of me was worried sick about Adrian, while the other part wasn’t functioning properly after my night with Liam.

           You know what, after a second thought, love is exhausting. I don’t really know if I can handle it . . .

           “Selena, come on out! Your breakfast is getting cold,” Jordan’s voice rang from the living room.

           “Alright, I’ll be right out!” I yelled back.

           Jordan was talking on the phone as he sat on the couch next to Julia. Julia came by at six in the morning, causing me to wake up by the sound of the doorbell. She said that Jordan called her, and that he told her about my disease. You see that’s the main reason I never told him, he’s like a gossip website when it comes to keeping secrets from his friends. I knew Julia wasn’t just any friend, she rushed to the apartment, just to check on Jordan. Deep down, she probably feels the same about him, but she needs to leave that worthless boyfriend of hers first.

           “Here you go, I made the French toast and eggs just for you, sweetie,” Julia smiled, pushing the plate to my side of the table.

           “Thank you Julia, you didn’t have to do this,” I said, giving her a grateful smile.

           Julia shrugged in response. “I wanted to.”

           “So. . . how’s everything going on with Ben?” I asked, and took a bite from the delicious crispy toast.

           She seemed to be slightly surprised by my sudden question, it took her a minute to come up with a decent, yet unconvincing response. “Ben is doing alright, he’s starting to recover. . . . Thank you for asking.”

           Ha! Is that all she could say?

           Thank you for asking? Oh no, I’m not finished.