A Rainy Summer 28

~Chapter (28)~

        O! beware, my lord, of jealousy;

        It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock

        The meat it feeds on.

        ~William Shakespeare, Othello.

         Jealousy is like a flesh eating bacteria. Once it enters your body, it feeds on you, strengthens as you weaken, and grow as you shrink down. When the time comes, and it leaves your body, you’ll realize that it is too late. That you have lost everything.

         Jealousy is also like a drug. A jealous person’s actions resembles a drug addict behavior. You see, when you are jealous, you do horrible things that hurt the people you love most of the time. The worst thing is that you become blinded by those destructive feelings, and when you finally wake up and emerge from the darkness, you’ll find yourself left with all the damage you had caused. After all jealousy is one of the seven deadly sins.

          Mason was actually right. The party was insanely great, the music was amazing, the atmosphere was occupied by nothing but positive energy, the food was utterly delicious, and the people –the people were unbelievably nice. Everyone welcomed me with a loving smile, some even went for a hug. Mason’s family were the nicest, his parents endearing, and they were as delightful as Mason was and slightly more, they actually offered to trade Mason for me. The funny thing, that they seemed to be capable of annoying Mason more than anything.

           Jade was quickly becoming a good friend of mine, I’m not entirely sure how that happened, but she had a steady personality with a touch of craziness. I found out that she was a fashion designer, she was working on her new line in Paris, that probably explains her undying love for my dress. Jade said that Liam was like a brother to her, and she enjoyed teasing him all the time. That actually brought a big smile to my face, I would love to annoy the heck out of him.

           Liam’s intense gazes never faded away, my eyes failed to escape, and I felt like was trapped in a small tiny bubble that was forcing me to meet his eyes every time I looked around. It took a lot of effort to avoid his stares, especially when I agreed to dance with Mason.

           “I love this song,” Mason commented as we danced gracefully, moving our feet in union.

           Here comes the sun by my favorite band The Beatle was playing, and might I add, filling the air with absolute magic.

           “You listen to The Beatles?” I asked, not able to contain the surprise in my voice.

           Mason raised an eyebrow. “Why do you sound so astonished?”

           I shrugged. “I don’t know, you give the impression of pop crazed teen,” I mumbled. “o offence,” quickly, I added.

           “None taken, I’m simply a man full of surprises,” Mason said and grinned widely.

           I chuckled, shaking my head at him.

           A smile crept to Mason’s face. “It’s good to see you enjoying the party,” he said, placing his hands on my mid waist gently, and brought my body closer to his.