A Rainy Summer 27

~Chapter (27)~

            It took awhile for all the tension and stress –Liam caused to go away. Negative vibes were simply not welcomed inside Mason’s loving, and comforting apartment. One bite from the delicious strawberry vanilla pancakes Mason made, was all I needed to wipe away the frown I drew on my face. Mason was a fabulous cook, his pancakes were full of flavor, and they were beautifully presented too.

            “Do you like the food?” Mason asked, anxious to see my reaction. He sat in front of me, his hands rested on the kitchen table at ease.  

            I nodded right away. “These pancakes are so good, Mason,” I replied, before shoving another tasty piece in my mouth.

            “I knew you would like it!” Mason grinned widely. “And, it’s quite healthy too. No fat. No sugar. Perfect for you!” He gushed, proud of the meal he made.

            “Thank you, Mace. I love it,” I told him, offering him a grateful smile.

            Hmm, If only I could eat this every morning. . .

            “You are welcome, sweetheart,” He returned the smile friendly. “Did you know that strawberries can make your heart stronger?”

            I shook my head in response.

            “It strengthens the heart muscle, so it can beat for a long amount of time . Oatmeal and pistachios are pretty important too, they help lower your cholesterol level,” Mason stated cleverly, then he took a sip from his steamy tea.

            My eyebrows raised instantly at the bright information he provided. “How do you know that?” I asked.

            Mason shrugged. “I run a series of healthy restaurants. Our logo is Eat well and you’ll be the last to swell,” he sang the last part of the sentence, holding his hands up as if he was explaining some sort of a vision.

            I couldn’t help but laugh at his choice of logo. “Are you serious? That’s so lame, and kind of offending, honestly.”

            Mason’s eyebrows pulled together in displeasure. “I don’t see how it is offending. . . You’re the only one who ever said that to me,” he grumbled in annoyance.

            “It is wrong, and hurtful to all the plus sized out there. You should encourage them, not send them away,” I explained, drinking from my glass of water.

            Mason frowned, sending me a disapproving look.

            “What?” I questioned his behavior. “You can’t deal with one negative comment, then how in the world do you handle the reviews –that critics write about your restaurant?”

            “They are professional food critics. It’s different,” he said, pursing his lips.

            Wasn’t he suppose to care for people’s opinion too?

            “You are what you eat. . .You are what you eat. . .” Mason sang quietly, as if he has made his point.

            I rolled my eyes at him. “Anyway, I enjoyed this breakfast very much. Thank you for making it.”

            Instantly, a big smile replace his childish frown. “I can teach you some healthy meals, if you are up for it,” he offered enthusiastically.