A Rainy Summer 34

~Chapter (34)~

          I have always dreaded this day would come. I did everything in my power to avoid it, I ran from it all, from my disease, my pain, and my fears. As much as I needed the support of my friends and family, I had to push my selfishness away, and rearrange my priorities. And, Jordan was and still is at the top of my priorities.

          Unfortunately, things don’t always go as they are planned to be. No matter how hard I tried to keep my illness a secret, cover it up with fake stories, and a book of persuasive excuses. It’s pretty ironic, that all of my hidden cards were revealed in a few rapid painful minutes, bringing the agonizing emotions I had suppressed for long, up to the surface. I had failed in completing my mission, and Jordan’s life will never be the same.

           Watching Jordan as he was attempting to process the pile of information Mason had furiously thrown at him, was more like watching a beautiful blooming rose fading away, melting into pieces. My brother who was full love and joy, transformed into a lifeless spirit. He was in a horrible state, and it was excruciating to look at. For some reason, I wasn’t able to move my feet, they were stuck. I stole a glance at my unmoving feet, and when I looked up Jordan was shaking his head over and over again, his knuckles were closed into fists, and that same glare had returned.

           “You’re lying! I don’t believe you!” Jordan yelled, turning to glare at Mason, who was standing right behind me.

           Huh?

           “What?!” Mason exclaimed in disbelief.

           “You made that up, you’re just another liar!” Jordan accused bluntly, “I don’t believe you.”

           Instantly, a frown broke into Mason’s face, “Are you stupid? Or are you simply playing the role of a moron?”

           “Don’t call me that, you . . you lying snake!” Jordan shouted angrily.

           “Don’t you dare and change the subject! This is about your sister –your sister is very sick, you better get that in that thick head of yours! She can’t afford wasting her limited time on arguments like this,” Mason snapped at him, “I suggest you start fixing the damage you caused right now,” he advised giving him a serious look.

           “Mason, that’s enough,” I grabbed his arm quickly, and pulled back, away from Jordan’s raging form. 

           “No, he needs to learn to respect his sister.”

           In one swift –somewhat threatening– movement, Jordan grabbed Mason by the edge of his collar. “Who the heck do you think you are, huh? You have no right to speak to me in that way, and I don’t . . . I don’t want you to talk about my sister!”

           My eyes widened gradually as I stared at my brother attacking my friend.

           Mason scoffed, pushing him back. “I’ll have you know, I’ve been more of a family to her than you were, in the last few days,” he informed, sending him a quick glare.

           “She is my sister!!” Jordan yelled

           “Then start acting like it!”  

           The situation was getting out of control, my head ached from their wildly loud shouts and yells, my hands began to shake tensely, and I took a couple of deep breaths, aiming to maintain a regular breathing.