A Rainy Summer 22

~Chapter (22)~

“Wait, what?” I blinked a couple of times in surprise at what she said. It could not have been true, I must have heard her wrong. “What did you just say?” 

“Adrian is gone, Selena,” Haley said slowly, sadness filled her voice.

I felt my eyes widening as shock overcame me. “What? What do you mean he is gone? What is that supposed to mean?” I blurted out, my voice shaking slightly.

“Selena. . .”

“What? I want to know!” I yelled frantically.    

Haley sighed. “I saw him last week, we had lunch together. He was really upset, I asked him about it, but he refused to tell me. He said that I will never understand, that he was going through something, and he needed to figure it out by himself,” she explained.

“Wait, why isn’t he staying with you?” I questioned, feeling my eyebrows pull together.

“Adrian wanted to live alone, he asked for it. And his doctor supported the idea, he thought it would help him cope with everything that had happened after the accident,” Haley responded, another sigh escaping her lips.

Everything I caused. . .

“I called the police, and they have been searching for him, for about a week.”

A frown broke into my face. “They should have found him, it is their job, they are supposed to do their job,” I yelled, my voice full of panic.

“Last morning, one of the police officers called, he said that they traced Adrian’s credit card, which led them to the airport. He told me that Adrian bought a ticket to London,” Haley continued.

“How can they be so sure about him being here, in London?” I asked.

“It was confirmed by the airport employees, he got on that flight,” Haley replied, running her both her hands through her hair, out of frustration.

“So, Ad- He is . . . h-here, in L-London,” I stuttered, breathing heavily.

Haley nodded slowly, giving me a sympathetic look.

“But, h-how? I don’t understand,” I muttered, growing even more confused than before. My head felt like it was going to explode at any second.

“Selena, I think Adrian is here to look for you,” Haley stated.

Instantly, I gasped in shock. “What?” That word seemed to be stuck on my tongue.

“Selena, I know you think it’s impossible. But, he has been acting really weird lately, he told me he had dreams about one person every night,” Haley said, sounding very serious.  “Dreams about you,” she added.

Dreams about me?” I repeated.

Haley shook her head. “He didn’t exactly say that, but I know he was going to, Sel.”

“No, it can’t be,” I mumbled, shaking my head.

“Selena, everything is possible. You used to say that all the time, remember?”

No. Not anymore, that was what he believed, what he wanted me to believe . I don’t.

“It’s going to be alright, Selena. He is probably in a hotel –or in some music store, listening to one of the Beatles records,” Haley said, giving me a reassuring look.

“The Beatles. . .” The name of my favorite band brought back so many memories, Adrian and I, we used to listen to the Beatles after midnight, and play the guitar as loud as possible. I remember one time, one of my neighbors called the cops for us. It was such good times. I wish I never got sick, we would have been together right now.