Chapter 6

Chapter 6 : Coming Home With The News 

_________________________

Regret. I could not find a better word to describe what I was going through. 

Sometimes you tell yourself, I didn't regret it because I learned from it - to the bad and to the good. 

But in my case, I was really pissed off. I couldn't look at myself or even think about what I have done, I just have to pray that Yu will be fine.

Mika was going to come back from the war this evening, and I was really afraid.

I wasn't sure what was worse - Mikaela figuring it was me or Yu dying.    

In both ways Mika will suffer, and I am the only one to blame. 
"You look so worried honey, whats the matter? Are you regretting your sins that soon?" A voice asked and I turn around quickly, kicking Ferid in the stomach, making him back off. 

"Why did I listen to you" I said as I angrily turn around and started to walk away, but he grabbed my hand just then. 
"Oh, darling, I didn't do anything- it was YOU who came to me" He smiled widely and I stepped back. 

"Shut up already" I said angrily, "Or I will tell Mika bad things about you" I said, smirking. 
"No my dear, you got it all wrong" He chuckled and my smile dropped. 

"Now that you have betrayed your lover, I AM the one who you need, because I am the one who knows it all. How can I protect your secret if you won't protect me?" He said, looking into my eyes, "Now you are my doll and I will play with you as I WANT, and you have nothing you can do, darling" 

Freezing in my place and understanding what I have done, I could feel the chills down my body. 
I was feeling sick, as if I was going to vomit, but I couldn't move, I couldn't even blink. 
It was wrong, isn't it'? Mika was the one who was going to betray me, who was going to run away with Yu, why do I feel like this now? Why I am the one to blame? 

Shamefully, without saying a word, I walked away.

I was sitting in that huge room were all the airplanes just came back, searching for Mika. 
My heart was racing, and I quickly recognized the blonde vampire. 

I run up to him and was shocked with what I saw. 

He was all pale, with many cuts and blood all over his uniform, even though every time he came back he was tidy and neat. 
"M-Mika?" I whisper and meet his eyes. He had dark bags under his blue eyes, and his lips were dry. 
"(Y/n)" He whispered, "Thank god" He wrapped his hands around me as I do the same. 
"What happened? Why are you like this?" I ask, hoping not to hear that Yu is dead. 
"I...I need to get going" He whispered as he pull away and started to walk slowly, his eyes tired. 

I think he is going now to his curse detoxifiction. 

I was sitting at our room now, my hands were shaking as I was waiting for Mika to come back. 
I was really thirsty but I just couldn't drink at all.
The only thing I could do is sit and wait for him.
The door opened and I immediately jumped from my sit and looked at the vampire who was going to my way. I was sweating like crazy. 

"Hey, how are you?" I asked as I put a hand on his cheek. 
"Now better" He whispers, smiling and putting his hand on my hand. 
"Come on, I can tell something went wrong, tell me" I said. 

"Yu-chan...he turned into a demon because of those human. He wasn't able to control him self and he suffered and cried" He said, narrowing his eyes as he looked down, "I wasn't able to save him yet".

I don't think it was relief, But I felt better.

"At least he is still alive" I tried to make him feel better.
"We can't trust those humans, I bet they did this to him" He said, looking in my eyes.
"Y-yes" I whispered.
"I was just about to take him with me, and he just went mad... his form was changed and his eyes too, and I could feel he was no longer my Yu. He was no longer under his control." 
His voice was shaking. 
I kept it quite, trying not to look too worried. 
"Is he alive? Is he doing fine now?" I asked. 
"I don't know, but when I retreated, his heart was still beating. I heard it. But he lost consciousness, so I don't know how is he now" I didn't know what to feel.

In one hand, I was so happy he was still alive, but on the other - it was my fault he was suffering and changing. I bet it is hard to come back to your human self after changing into a demon. 
"Why he changed into a demon...? Is he a half demon being?" I asked. 

"I'm not sure, but I know that those humans have demons inside of their weapons." He said. 
"H-How?" I asked, completely shocked. 
"There is something big behind them, we need to be more careful." He said. 

"Humans... have connected to demons..." I whispered, "They will do everything for power, aren't they? They will risk themselves just to get more power...how egoistic" 

He was quite, looking away, not sure what to say I guess. 
"Yu will be fine, Mika. We will get him next time" I said, kissing his lips lightly. 

He smiled a small smile and said "I hope so" 

I was pretty confused with his words. 

He just said he hoped? 
I know him for four years, and he always said that hope only destroys, weaken and lowering the human being. 

I was happy that he find something to hope for.