Chapter 2

Belmont High is not exactly your "typical" high school. Yes they have the usual school subjects, periods...etc.
However, this particular school is strictly werewolves only. This is a place were werewolves learn about what they are, how to fight, how to use there strengths and most important mates.
The discussion of mates and finding true love at times was on Vikki's mind. She wondered if she would ever meet the man of her dreams. As Vikki and Cindy pulled into the student parking space.
She was thinking about just that, being 18 this was the age that werewolves meet their mates. As she and Cindy walked through the doors of their school the thought of mates weighed heavily on Vikki's mind. She then remembered what her mother would say "Be patient, most people don't meet their mates right away, it takes time."

Time......Vikki thought. Her thoughts were then distracted by the voice of her best friend Tracie Andrews the daughter of her father's best fighter.

"Hey girl are you thinking about what I know your thinking about?"

"Hi Traice, yes and yes. Ugh, I wish I could just turn it off, but I can't."

"Its ok its normal for girls our age to think about finding a mate. Its perfectly normal."

"I know thanks Traice. You always a good friend."

"I know, I'm pretty great!" Traice said with just a hint of conceitedness.

"Yes and boy do I know it".

Vikki replied as they both approached their school lockers.

"So are you going to the festival?" Traice asked Vikki.

"Yes we are leaving in the morning, I cant wait its going to me fun. I do hope everyone can keep the peace though, last year almost lead to disaster remember that?"

"Oh boy do I thank God your mom and Luna Riggs step in, your dad almost torn Alpha Riggs into pieces after that sly remark about how your dad killed his brother. But don't worry we all know it was self defense on your dads part."

"I know right.  I just hope everything will be different this year."

Vikki stated just as she and Traice walked in to their English class.

Little did they know both their lives were about to change.......

Please let me know if you like this chapter and please give me feedback through comments and vote. Thanks and hope you enjoyed the chapter.