chapter 24- Part 2.

"Remember when we first brought you home Renee? We said your future will be and always has been with the Palace?" I nodded. The strange things they said did little to my mood as I stuffed more birthday cake into my mouth. "That might be a good place to start then. That boy you said you had a crush on in school", I nodded again. "You can't ask him out sweety. He has nothing to do with the Palace. You have to understand that you have a duty to uphold and that means that you have to stay away from the boys". My mouth stopped chewing the food.

What?!

How could I not be aloud to fancy boys? I'm 15! "But..Bu-" My father put a hand up to my face and pressed his finger to my lips. "Youmight not understand now, but when the time comes this will all make sense to you. I promise".

...............

My bind came back from the fuzzyness.

For some reason that memory just flung its self into my brain.

Jacob stood there on the stage with his hand open, inviting me in. People clapped and shouted their cheers to us like they were so overly happy of the news that I was the one to be picked by him.

I choked on my breath as my world did little flash backs of the undreds of time my family had stopped me from being a narmal teenager. I had never understood it all, thought that I was to be different then others because of the way I lived my life and who I lived that life with.

But something in me, something there, told me I never understood. Not one bit.

I didn't understand it, I didn't understand any of this. The memories were only adding to my confusion.

Looking at his hand, the fine laced edges of his shirt only stood to firther make his well built body stand out.

With no sense or knowing, I reached for his hand. My world was already a blur, why not just let it go as it pleases?

Before I could reach his hand, he reached me. I pulled down from the stage and right into a jumble of dances and music.

Unlike before, this time, I had little knowlidge of what we did. I didn't know if we twirled or spinned nor if I smiled or frowned. All that I was able to pick up was that fact that many dances had past, so many that I wondered when the other girls would get a chance.

All at once we stopped and with that stop my world seemed to balance out again, as if it had never been blurred.

The arms around me lossened and held my arms. "Renee? Is there something wrong? You look a little...out of sorts". Jacobs voice reached my ears. It was a welcome change from the music. But what does he mean...did my face betray my feelings?

I looked around. finding a table stacked with foods and drinks of all kinds, I noticed just how dry my throat had become. "I-I'm just a little thirsty and a tad bit hungry. Do you mind if we take a brake?"

His hand held hold of mine and started to lead the way over to the table. "Of course not. Four dances deserves a brake, wouldn't you say so Renee?"

I looked up at him. "That was only four dances? It seemed like forever! I must have gotten so lost in that dancing that I...."

I sighed. Why had everything seemed so long?

Jacob chuckled. He didn't seem to mind it. I must be the only one spacing out. "It is perfectly fine Renee. I remember the first time I attended a Ball, the dancing went on for ages, yet I only stayed there for an hour before leaving".

As we reached the table I noticed that the group of girls that had been on stage along with me and Jacob stopped their talking.

They noticed Jacob and all smiled, but then some of their looks turned to glairs as they set their eyes apon my hand being held by Jacobs arm.