chapter 29

Renee's P.O.V

All I could think of was  OW! OW! OW! OW!

The castle was in sight again, the towers visible from over the hill and never have they ever looked so inviting. they might as well have been calling me back for all I knew. I was more than happy to see them closing in. But each time the saddle moved against my rear I wished just a little bit more that I hadn't even left at all. Riding was painful work and boy had I leaned it the hard way.

Who made saddles so...painful?

My legs hurt beyond belief and a part of me screamed this was karma at work for my wrong doings. Oh if mother-uh, do I still call her that now that I know? Hell, why not. If mother could see me now she'd sign me up for more ridding lessons.

And I didn't want that, not after the ones I had to go through as a child with that loud mouth woman who found it within reason to yell at me for the little things I did wrong and flip her lid at the big ones, the woman could hardly get up on a horse herself with her plump (she was fat, more than that really) figure.

Damn her. She hated me so I hated her.

At least I was nearly there and wouldn't have to endure much longer.

And hopefully this will all end and be settled soon, whatever that means and whatever will happen.

My sights set on the castle, it was growing larger in view despite being an hours or so ride away. They really did build it big. I guess that's what happens when the people who live there rule the world. Only the best and all for the royals. Though with the things I grew up with I shouldn't really say anything...

Along the road a carriage passed, three riders on top and the glass windows to the inside blacked out. If I hadn't have been thrown about on the horse I would have stopped and stared but the chance of falling and smashing my skull stopped me from doing so.

It was something I didn't really want to happen and I'm sure whatever they want to keep hidden from view isn't worth dying for.

 June's P.O.V.

The last of the guards fell away as the gas killed them off.  They wormed and slipped on the floor to try and reach me and stop my escape, not even knowing that their close contact to me was the reason they were falling down dead or dying, but hey if they couldn't work it out or last long enough to reach me maybe they should be killed, get them out of the gene pool.

A few people I knew needed to be kicked out of that.

Slowly stepping over the last of the bodies I ignored the shouts of anger behind me. They so desperately wanted to catch me, so they could save their special precious princess. I pushed the button on the tube on my hip to let more of the gas out, the horrible sent of vampire venom pooled in the air, the underlying smell of the air born poison added an extra kick.

Oh, I had to thank  Alex for this, maybe him being a science nerd wasn't all that bad, I'd have to commend him on those years as a child he spent working over a book...

Something caught my leg and pulled me back. The rough skin of the hand made my skin crawl as it pulled against my moment and my own soft skin. I watched and smiled down as the pathetic guard tried with all his might to hold me back, but the trickle of blood that came from the corner of his mouth showed me he was on the losing side of the fight to overcome the gas.

My immunity to it would only last so long, so I shook him off with a gentle shake. But the mutt held on.  So he was being brave was he?

With the tip of the finger I had placed on the tube I lifted the lid off a bit, and tipped it over just a little, the liquid that had not turned to gas in the air fell down onto his face, a sound of sizzling happened as it touched his cheek. And the whole grip he had on my leg let go as he fell down face first.

I felt like laughing, but the reminder that this probably wouldn't kill a werewolf put a damper on it. Lets just hope that he was in the ten percent that gets killed by it.

It was so hard to find something that can kill a were that wouldn't kill me. This was the best out there.

A glance behind me told me I had used up my time. This time I ran over the guards on the floor and down the hall. The marked window came into view and with my heels clacking against the floor I jumped onto the ledge of the window. The hatch was open and I opened it wide.

Just as planned the black windowed carriage was underneath. With a little jump I landed on top of it. I looked up to make sure I hadn't been seen before I opened the small door latch and jumped into the middle, landing on the floor with a thud.

Noticing that it was empty I cursed. My anger was almost there towards my stupid brothers and their inability to be on time, but the doors to the carriage was flung open and two people with bags on their heads got flung in.

I smiled as they sound of a guttural growl came from the larger of the two. Aw, poor whittle kingie! The door was shut and not moments later  the unsettled jostle begun and I folded my legs over as I sat on the seat.

Now who's in control?

I felt myself laugh and double over with joy.

"I DID IT! I did it!" I gripped the bag and pulled it off. The king himself looked back at me from the floor, his mouth taped and hands tied. I had no doubt in my mind if he could he would have killed me on  the spot. 

"Don't worry, you wont be alone in this". I said to him, I watched as his face grew red, his eyes took on a silver tint and he growled under the tape. I smiled even more and wanted to clap my hands, but I had only just had my nails done.

My hand gripped the bag of Renee and pulled. "Remember me?" I asked.

My smile dropped and I felt my hands tighten wanting to punch someone, mainly my brothers.

The little black haired maid sat there with tears in her eyes and her hands held close to herself. I growled and screamed out, grabbing my hair in frustration. My hand came into contact with the roof of the carriage as I kicked the brat in front of me.

"YOU IDEOTS! YOU GOT THE WRONG GIRL!"

Ok, short, I know, really short. But please keep in mind I've gone through a slight depressed time when it comes to writing, every time I tried I would get sad and sort of down, I can't explain it but it seems to have passed. Should be on tract now :) Anyway, check out my artwork :D http://slimber.com/gallery/image/16-grimmjow-uncomplete:u46166.html