chapter 4

Jacob was stood by the window with no shirt on. It didn't help me when the moon's light shone through the window and gave his top half of his body a glowing touch. My head was swimming with all different things and my words got stuck in my throat and I'm a thousand present sure my face was redder then a red apple because Jacob notice my face and smiled at me. “Is there anything I can help with or did you just find it lonely without me there?” this made me blush even more if that was even possible.

I got myself together and made my eyes wonder somewhere else but his chest. “Um...I...uh... I was g-going to go to sleep b-but there was n-no night clothing. S-so I was um...coming to ask you if...uh...you could get me some...please”. I found it very hard to talk to him right now and my mind kept telling me to look at him. Then when he walked up to me it got even harder to talk to him. He stood in front of me and by now I had no choice but to look at him. When I looked up Jacob was looking down at me with a smile plastered on his face. And god he looked handsome.

“Well, since you asked me so nicely even when you sutured I have no choice but to help you”. He walked over to the side of the door and pulled on a rope hanging down from the ceiling. A few short moments passed before maid was stood outside the doors. She gave a long bow before she asked Jacob if she could get anything for us. “I need you to get some night clothing for Miss Leila here, oh and while you're at it, please ask my father to come to me. That will be all now you may leave”.

The maid bowed once more before scurrying off. I can’t put my finger on it but I don't think she was human. I asked Jacob what she was and he told me she was a mix between a vampire and a wizard. That was my first time seeing one of those kinds of magic beings. It didn't seem like something that should be in this kind of place to tell you the truth.

Soon after the maid came rushing back in with her arms full of night clothes. She bowed to Jacob and handed them to me. They had silk out lines and they were light blue, and I had to say I really liked them. After looking them over I got the sudden rush of knowing that Jacob knew what I was going to be dressed in to sleep so I pulled the clothes behind my back. The room was filled with comfortable silence as we both stood there doing nothing. I'm guessing that Jacob had told the maid to leave because she was no longer in the place she had been.

There were a few more minutes of silence before someone cleared their throat by the door. We both looked up to the doors at the same time to the king waiting at the door. “Ah, father you came faster than I thought you would”. The king's eyes looked back and forth from me to Jacob and finally rested on the fireplace behind us. “Yes, I can see that very clearly. I can come back later if you want me to”. Me and Jacob both looked at one another at the same time.

Jacob turned to his father rubbing his neck and was about to speak but I cut him off. “NO, um...I was just leaving to go to bed any ways.” this time it was Jacob and the king that looked at me and I could immediately tell I was blushing. The king sighed a very long hard sigh before he moved to the side to let me out of the door. “Very well Miss Leila, I hope you have a good night’s sleep”. I brushed some of my hair out of my face and said thank you to the king and said my good nights to the both of them.

I walked to my room and shut the door behind me. My breathing was fast and my hands were shaking really badly. Maybe I should have a bath before I go to bed. I need to relax my nerves. I walked in to my wash room and already in there; there was a nice hot bath. I got in it and could feel myself relaxing but every time I tried to think about things my mind went right to the image of Jacob with no top on.