chapter 3

My eyes searched every piece of clothing and to my utter shock everything was my size, my liking of clothes and my favourite colour blue. If it wasn't for the fact that I am just like my step-mother when it comes to what I like then I would be very suspicious about everything. She had most likely told them what she likes and to get me the same.

I walked out the wardrobe looking around once again. Jacob was stood outside the room at the doors entrance. I thought he would have come in with me. It all came down on me at once. I had not told him to come in and like the gentleman he is he stayed outside until he was told to come in. He was watching my every move as I walked over to the bed and sat down. “You can come in you know”. I sat looking at the fire, whiles he moved through from the door to the bed and stood next to me.

Maybe this would be a good time to ask some questions about what the guards had been talking about at the front doors. Know, how to put the first question? I could say 'what am I to you?' No. Too rude. 'Had we been friends when we were little?' No, to blunt. Ah ha, I've got it. “Jacob, why do you seem like an old friend? We only meet today”. I thought this would be a good way of asking it but when he frowned I started to think it wasn't. He let out a sigh and turned to me. He placed his hands behind his back.

“Do you not remember me at all?” I was about to open my mouth to say no but the look he gave me made me hold back what I was saying. So I thought some more hoping to remember some vague memory of him, but as far as I could think nothing of him was in my memory banks. So I slowly shock my head no. At that his shoulders slumped and a small smile that was hardly even a smile came to his lips. I felt horrible because I couldn't say yes to him, but I know if I ask he would most likely tell me.

“I guess you wouldn't remember much of me, But me and you once upon a time where the best of friends. We even got called the odd pair. Seeing as you were the hyper cheery human girl and I was the quite bashful werewolf prince”. He stopped talking for a while and he looked like he was thinking about golden times. The smile on his face turned into a real smile and he looked more relaxed in the way he was standing.

I stood up and put my hand on his arm, and even with his clothes on I could feel all his muscles and my god they were big. Back to the matter at hand I gentle said my words to him. “I'm sorry that I don't remember you or that we were friends back then, but do think that maybe...um... we could be friends now?” I hoped that this would make him feel better and from the look on his face it did. He turned round to me and took my hand in his and bowed to me. “Why Renee Leila, I would love to be friends such a fine and beautiful woman as you. He finished with a kiss to my hand. I could tell my face was red from embarrassment because the only heat I could feel was coming from my face.

He stood up with a straight back and bowed to me one last time and in return I bowed and held the sides of my dress to the sides. As we stood looking at one another we both burst in to laughter. “Well madam I must unfortunately leave your side for I have matters to tend to for the ball”. I wave of unhappiness came across me and as far as I know I think it did for Jacob too because his smile faltered for a moment before he let go of my hand. “if you need anything my dear lust call for me and I will personally get it for you”. Wow, I've never been treated like this before. He must really have fond memories of us when we where little.

“Thank you my wolf-boy prince charming. I think we will be the best of friends you know”. The funny thing is that I felt like that wasn't true. Not in a bad way but just untrue. Jacob bowed his head one more time before walking out my bedroom door and closing it behind him. I walked over to my bed and sat down once again. Only this time I noticed how soft and comfortable it was. I must have been to locust on Jacob the first time.

I felt my cheeks go all worm and fuzzy when I thought about Jacob. Never in my life had I felt so ruffed up by a guy. I decided it was time to sleep since it had gone dark outside the windows. I walked to the wardrobe and looked for some slumber clothes but to my dismay found none in it.

I thought about going and finding a maid or butler but fingered I would ask Jacob since his room was right next to mine. Opening my door I slowly walked to Jacobs' door. I lifted my hand up to knock but I stopped when I saw all the detailed carvings on the door. Never have I seen such beautiful workman's ship in such an ordinary thing as a door. I put away the fact that I didn't want to knock the door in fear of braking it gently knocked four times. A faint come in came from the other side so I opened the door and froze from the view before me.