chapter 7

She stepped forward and flung her arms around me. A surge of pain ran down my back and let out a small 'ouch' and she immediately let go and backed away from me. “Oh, i'm so sorry sweety. I never meant to hurt you.”she looked almost ashamed of herself. She wanted to give her daughter a hug and ended up hurting her instead. More tears fell and more replaced the ones that came before them. The more tears fell on her face the more my eyes wanted to join in the crying. I opened up my arms one more time. “Just try not to hug to tight around my back mum. And please, please stop crying. I'm OK.”

She tried to hold back the tears but some still fell but not as uncontrollable as before. She held me close but in a gentle way. She rocked us back and forth softly soothing me and saying reassuring things in my ear. We were just cuddling for ages when I felt the weight on my legs lift and the side of the bed moved up. We both looked to the side, just as I thought would be there, jacob was stood on all fours with his long fur messed up in a bed head sortta way.

My mother pulled away and straightened up. Always wanting to impress the royals but then again, it did come with the life she had. She did a soft bow with her head and kissed me on the forehead and walked out, not a sign of the fact she had been crying on her face. I turned to jacob after watching my mother walk out. I jumped back as jacob's face came inches from mine. And he looked a.n.g.r.y, angry. “Um...is something wrong?” I know that something is wrong but asking seemed like a....Safe way to go about it.

Jacob never moved an inch from me and after a while it started to get creepy. Seeing wolf eyes in front of you can be scary at the best of times, but when they belong to a very agitated looking werewolf, it just gets even more scary. “jacob, hello. You are kinda scaring me just looking at me like that”. I hope my voice sounded braver then what I feel. Seeing as jacob backed away I must of either sounded really brave....or like a child with a troll chasing after it. (they sometimes do that).

He moved round to his clothes and picked them up in his mouth. I watched as he walked to the wash room that was attached to my bedroom (even though it only took him four long steppes to get there). After what felt like a long time he walked out in all his clothes and in full human form. I felt a smile rush to my face but soon fell as jacob came close. “Renee, I'm only going to ask this once so if you know the answer then please tell me. What werewolf attacked you last night?” I let my head drop down and I started to watch my hands hoping that something I have never noticed before would all of a sudden be there.

No such luck. Damn. “Wait how do you know that it was even a werewolf?” Maybe if I stall he might forget the question. All he did was point a finger in the directions of one of the walls. “Oh”. That's all I could say. On the wall right were a stain of blood (presumably mine) was a long set of claw marks scratched into the wall. That must have been inches of my head. How am I still alive? I turned to jacob and again, he was right in front of my face and yes, he did scare me again. “Jacob, will you stop that, please.” He moved back and his face softened up. “*sigh* you never answered my question”. I let my breath drag itself out. “It was June. ok.” He seemed to get ridged at the name. He let a small growl out and before I knew it, I was surrounded by jacob, the king, maids and guards and my father was by my side.

Now I'm not the type of person that Shay's away from large amount of people, but when that large amount of people happen to be all watching you, even the best of people may get scared, so its safe to say I. AM. SCARED! I mean there must be thirty or so people in this room and every pair of eyes landed on me. Some of those eyes look RED! Vampire guards me thinks. The people moved apart and out stepped the king, with jacob soon by his side.

I was happy in one way because about half of the people looked at him but also scared because he's going to be talking to me and I'll tell you this, he can be scary. And the fact that he looks angry doesn't help me. I waited for when he would speak and when he did I wanted to quiver in fear. His voice boomed in the room and it was as if I had to lay down so as not to be crushed by his voice. It seemed to happen to every one else too, even jacob but it didn't show so much. The werewolves in the room seemed really effected by it so I assumed that it was his 'alpha voice'.

“Now miss, will you please tell all these people as to whom did this to you”. Oh that did it. Now I have to tell ALL the people in the room who did it. I looked around at every one and they all looked as if they might kill me if I say even one word. My eyes landed on jacob. His soft loving eyes. I could fly right into those and always be happy and I would love him and..... WAIT! What am I thinking. I'm under to much pressure that's all. After all this is done I'll be fine. All the people will go and I'll be 100% FINE.

I didn't answer at first and after a while not only the king but most of the people in the room seemed to be getting a little angry and contemplative with me. As in thinking things like; she doesn't know who did it, why are we here? She's just a human and I wish I could eat her. Things like that most likely. After thinking through my options I had to go with telling every who did this to me. “Well....it was.....” Most of the people in the room just seemed to be fascinated that I even said anything and leaned in to listen more which by the way only made me more nerves.

“Well.....It was JUNE. OK June did this.” A few shocked gasps went around the room and someone even fainted. I think. Every one started going in to hushed whispered conversations. Non including me. After about a minute jacob came and sat by my side. We just sat there, well my laying seeing as I still had pains when moving. “You know, you should get over being shy in front of that many people”. I can't believe he just said.