chapter 8

I just told a bunch of people the name of a deranged werewolf that almost killed me and he has the nerve to say I shouldn't be so shy around them. For all I know she might come back and finish me off. Oh no, what if she DOES come back to finish me off. I started going in to panic.

That one thought in my mind. WHAT IF SHE DOES COME BACK!? Jacob must have seen my eyes go big, because the next thing I know I'm being pushed into him and his chest pushed against me. I was still panicking and by now almost all the people in the room looked at me, again. NOT helping me by the way.

I was, by now thrashing about like a mad man. Jacob had his arms around me holding my, or trying to hold me still. The king had gotten everyone out of the room to give me air and what looked like a maid was doing something but I was struggling too much to figure it out.

Someone pulled on my left arm and I felt something cold against it, but the cold soon turned to pain and I tried even harder to get out of Jacobs arms. I looked over to my arm to see what the course of the pain was.

I looked down to see a fragile looking woman. The person I thought was a maid. She must have been somewhere of 90 to 100 because all her face was covered in crinkles and her hands too. She had no teeth by the looks of things and she had that old person smell on her.

She was placing small things on my arm and every time she did the pain would grow. I quickly moved away from her, well as much as I could with Jacob holding on to me.

She just moved with me every time. I looked at what she was placing on my arm. Small green/blue gemstones. They were placed down in a snake like position. They seemed to move like a hypnotic snake every time I moved my arm.

After a while they started to change from green/blue to red/orange, and the pain was gone. The woman smiled at this and moved back from me. I had stopped moving around and was just looking at them. Even Jacob hand let go of me.(but still close to me).

Soon the gemstones looked extravagant to even just look at. They shone like diamonds and I got a fuzzy feeling that moved its way around my body. I can tell you this, the fuzzy feeling is unique. Never in my whole life have I ever felt something like this before.

It made me feel relaxed but at the same time “rough” if you can get that. The connection I had with the gemstones was unbelievable. I felt like I was part and part of the gems themselves. As if I always have been.

The woman stepped towards me and reached out her hand and placed it on one of the gems, but then started to pull it away. I used my other hand to swat it away. “NO. You are not taking my gems, absolutely not!” the old woman didn't look shocked by what I had said, she just waved her hand and the gems fell off my arm. Along with the fuzzy feeling I liked.

The gems turned a nasty brown shade and turned to looking like rock. My interest turned to the old woman. She was heading over to a dark green box that had WW blood. And extras. Written over the top. I found my voice to ask a question. “What’s that?” The old woman looked at me and then to Jacob who by now was by my side.

She motioned with her head to the box and then to me. I was looking at both of them hoping that someone would give me my answer. Jacob nodded his head only once and the old woman started hurrying about.

“Really, what is that?” it’s been a few hours now and 1: No one had answered me 2: The old woman was all over the place setting candles and other things and 3: Jacob hasn't left my side once, not once. He follows me like a dragon to food.

That really is pursuant, I'll tell you that. I tried to open the green box twice, but the first time the old woman told me off and the second Jacob took the box and placed it on a high shelf. Why does he have to be so tall? Stupid werewolf gene. Why do male werewolves have to be so tall?