zero ; letters for daddy

[ S A M I ]

Finn sat beside me on the crate with his body paint already on and a smile on his face; he was always super excited before his matches and for some reason he expected me to be just excited but I couldn't. I couldn't be excited due to all the letters that had been left in my locker room because they were seriously making me angry.

The worst part was: none of the letters had an obvious writer because theywere both very random and only had " - c.d. " at the end, which didn't help much since none of the girls I knew from the job had names that started with C and D.

"Hey, dude," I turned to Finn, raising letters in my hand with a scowl on my face as I faced him, "Divas with names starting with C and with D - go."

"Candice Mi- No... Carmella?" Finn raised his eyebrows before I opened my mouths in shock as she walked by us, sending a smile our way before dissapearing behind catering's arch.

" Carmella Dale "

"Why?" Finn asked in a hushed tone as wrestlers walked by, laughing and telling jokes to one another. Normally, we'd be doing so too but things weren't very bright on my side to be honest.

I handed him the letters and he began reading them, furrowing his eyebrows and shaking his head at some. He seemed to have a hard time understanding what was written in the letters, which reminded me of my own reaction to the drawings and letters sprawled across the paper.

"Love letters?" Finn raised his eyebrows before handing me the letters back with a frown on his face, "That's just fucking creepy, lad. I gotta go warm up but that crap's really weird, be careful, man."

I nodded my head at his words and he walked away, leaving my sigh as he turned a tight corner to find a silent place to get ready for his match. After he was gone, I found myself re-reading the letters filled with quick and messy drawings and cut-outs glued to them.

« i like you

and i know

you like me too - c.d. »

« i saw you warm up today

and even though pink's my favourite color

you're my favourite red person - c.d. »

« the girls in the locker room

the girls are so stupid

i hate them

they think they can be THEY CAN'T BE

THEY WANT YOU BUT I WON'T LET THEM HAVE YOU

don't worry cutie pie i'll take care of everything for you -c.d. »

I shoved the letters in my jacket's pocket and looked around, making sure no one was watching me before standing up and throwing them to the trashcan. I wasn't going to let her get to me, whoever she was.

-----

g w e n

thank you maria for making me publish this

also, aye aye for corbin mate

much love!