Imagine

This imagine is for theoutsidersbae

"How come you gotta steal Soda away from me all the time? He's my best friend!" Steve yelled.

I scoffed. "Grow up, Steve. Even I'm more mature than you. Soda's my best friend too, so what's the problem?" I asked him curiously.

"HE'S MY BEST FRIEND! SO STAY OUT OF HIS LIFE, FOR OUR SAKE!" He yelled. I chuckled a little bit, because Steve can be really childish sometimes.

"Please, just grow up, Steve. He can have more than one best friend. I don't think he'd like it if you ran me off for that." I implied. Steve knows if Soda is gonna lose one of us for something as dumb as that, he's gonna lose the other one, too. It would be best, and I understand where Soda is coming from.

"I don't want you to hurt him, you understand me little girl?" Steve demanded. I sat there confused. How could I hurt Soda? We've been best friends for 9 years, and I haven't hurt him mentally or physically. That I know of, at least. "But what are you talking about, Steve?"

He dragged me over to the couch to sit down. He usually has something important to tell me when he does this.

"I know he hasn't told you this, but he has told me. After he broke up with Sandy, he told me how much he realized he had been in love with you. You were always by his side when he needed you. Especially when Sandy left him. He hasn't told you yet 'cause he thinks that if you don't feel the same way, your guys' friendship will turn out all weird, and it might affect some other people in the gang." That's all Steve said, and I couldn't quite process how I was really feeling after he said that. "He wrote this letter for you." Steve handed my a piece of folded up line paper, and walked away when he gave it to me.

Cora,

My beautiful best friend, who has always been by my side when Steve wasn't- which was most of the time. This may be cheesy, but this is how much I love you.

I love you more than Two-Bit loves Mickey Mouse. I love you more than Steve loves eating chocolate cake for breakfast, I love you more than Dally loves Johnny- the only person he has ever even cared about, with Ponyboy being an exception. I love you more than Ponyboy loves watching sunsets.

I admire you more than Johnny admires Dally, a guy with a cold-hearted yet superior and independent look on life. I admire you more than Darry, who could get any girl he wanted in this town. But boy, you're a looker, Cora.

I fall in love with you more and more each time I see you. I'd be out of my mind to think Steve would ever let me date his sister. But it's not stopping me from expressing how much I love you.

-Sodapop Curtis

He sure must've convinced Steve.

All the words on this piece of paper gave me butterflies. I never knew Soda could be so... Romantic? Poetic?

I always denied that I was in love with Soda. I lied to myself. After reading this letter he wrote, there was absolutely no way I could deny how much I loved him.

I need to see him, I thought to myself.

I walked to the Curtis house, and on my way there, I began to realize how Soda has changed around me over the past few years.

6 years old: He was a year older than me, of course. He loved to tease me and pull dumb little pranks on me

7 years old: He wasn't teasing me as much when I turned 7. This is when we started becoming really close. Sometimes, I would accidentally fall asleep in his arms while visiting him, but his parents didn't mind. We were kids.

10 years old: From when I was 7 until I turned 10, we had still been doing the same thing. A couple months after my 10th birthday, he started teasing me again. He always told Ponyboy I had a humongous crush on him. Ponyboy is a year younger than me, so of course he freaked out when Soda said that.

The teasing stopped after a while. Soda and I started growing up and actually doing stuff together normal teenage best friends would do.

Up until a few months ago, Soda started acting different towards me.

Sometimes, I could see him get jealous when I hung out with Ponyboy and Johnny more than him on the weekends.

He got jealous when Dally drove me home in the middle of the night, since I had almost got hit by a damn car.

When I arrived at his house, I had no idea what I was going to say or do when I talked to him.

Do something wild, Cora.

With confidence, I opened the door and walked inside. I saw Soda, and when he saw me, had a big smile on his face.

"Hey Cora-" I walked over to him and interrupted him by just kissing him. Right on the lips!

He didn't try to pull away, and I could feel everyones staring at us.

I pulled away, and he must've known I read his letter when I said this-

"I love you too, Sodapop Curtis."

* * * *

Hope you enjoyed your imagine! Sorry i took so long with yours, I was having trouble thinking of something.

Any imagine or preference requests? Just comment!