Chapter 35

Bianca's POV:

"Alright Samantha you take it easy this weekend okay? Try and stay off that foot as much as you can. We'll make another appointment for early next week" I said, turning to look at Julia who was on the phone. I signaled to her to book for one week's time before turning back to Samantha and giving her arm a gentle squeeze. "I'll see you next week okay Samantha?". "Thank-you so much Bianca, you've been such a great help. It already feels better!" she said smiling at me, resting her hip against her pram. "And i'll see you next week too sweetheart!" I said bending down in front of the pram, cooing at her gorgeous baby girl - with her big green eyes she looked just like her mother.

"Okay so one week?" Julia asked me when she finally got off the phone and I nodded gesturing to Samantha. "See you then Sam, stay off that foot!" I said waving goodbye and retreating into my office. I sat down at my desk and glanced at my phone - it had just gone 4 o'clock. One more hour to go. To say I was excited about the party tonight was an understatement - as soon as Chris had asked if I would go with him last night, I had started mentally sorting through my wardrobe trying to find something that was remotely appropriate to wear in the presence of celebrities. Eighteen hours later, I still had no idea what I was going to wear.

I worked on my clinical notes as I waited for my next patient, finding myself looking down at the clock in the corner of the screen every few minutes. I couldn't wait to get home. "Bianca?" Julia asked, popping her head around the door of my office, "Yeah J?" I asked with my hands poised above the keyboard. "Your last patient just cancelled". I leaned back and spun my chair to face her, giving her a look that said 'you better not be joking'. She stepped into the room and leaned her hip against the door, "They just called - something came up so they rebooked". I grinned, that was all I needed to hear. "Pack your things Jules" I said as I closed my laptop and lifted my handbag onto the desk, "Cameron isn't here so lets have an early finish. It is Friday after all". Julia grinned and clapped her hands, "You are, the best boss ever". I slung my handbag over my shoulder and shrugged, turning around and winking at her. "Yeah I know".

---

Chris' POV:

"Bianca?" I called out as I shut the front door, "You here babe?". Kovu came running towards me as soon as the door clicked shut and I grinned, bending down to give him a quick pat. "Just in the bathroom babe! Give me two minutes!" Bianca's voice yelled out from somewhere down the back of the house. I followed her voice into the bedroom with Kovu on my heels, chuckling when I saw the numerous discarded dresses that covered her bed - I could just imagine her standing in her underwear and trying on every single outfit that she had. "Bianca?" I asked sticking my head into the en-suite bathroom, my mind going momentarily blank when I saw her. Oh my god.

Putting the finishing touches on her hair, she turned away from the mirror to face me and pulled a little pose. "What do you think?" Words failed me, my brain unable to put a string of words together let alone come up with a logical thought. Just, wow. Bianca was wearing a tight black dress with a long sleeves and low round neckline that only just exposed the tops of her smooth, tanned shoulders. The back of it though, was almost completely bare. The bottom of the dress ended several inches above her knees and showed off her long, toned legs, a pair of white pointed stilettos on her feet. Her usual long, brown waves had been straightened so that her hair fell like a dark veil around her face and the makeup she had on made her eyes look even brighter and greener than usual. For a moment she quite literally took my breath away.

I blinked rapidly, taking in every inch of her. "Nothing I say right now is going to do you justice" I said quietly, leaning against the door frame, "You look gorgeous Bianca". She smiled at me, flashing her small, white teeth before turning back to the mirror. "You sure? I mean I've never been to anything like this..." she said, her voice trailing off as she smoothed her dress over her waist. I stepped towards her and put my hands on her hips, looking at her reflection in the mirror. "You look beautiful" I said in a soft voice, kissing the side of her head, "And I'm the fucking luckiest dude in the world". She grinned at me in the mirror and I stared back at her, unable to think about anything else except how perfect this girl was. Where had she been all my life? I turned her around to face me, moving my hands to her exposed back and bent to press a kiss to her soft lips. Her sweet perfume filled my nose and in that split second I decided that I was done with waiting and that I didn't care how fast this was all moving. I decided right there and then that by the time tonight was over I would hold Bianca in my arms and ask her to be mine.