Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

It was one of my least favorite elves in this place. The only and one...Saeros and he didn't seem any happy –which he never does, by the way. He was wearing different clothes. He had a white shirt and a pair of blue jeans, making him looked almost like a human. His green hair was covering his eyes and spiky like always. There were a pair of sunglasses over his head, he looked like one of those daddy's boy teenager, just a little older.

“What do you want?” I asked harshly. I wasn't happy to see him or that he was interupting us.

“The Queen want you and the girl at the Lotus Court in ten.” He said and walked away.

“The Queen? The Lotus Court? What is this place?” Anastasia asked confused.

“Listen up” I started. “This place is called Margus Terram, and I don't know much about the Lotus Court, just that it is like the closes to a um...senate.”

And so I told her everything that happened since we got here and all about the Queen, the princess and how we became friends—which for some reason she made a face—and how we have been training on swordfighting, close combat, and other magical things. How the dragons were big now and we were about to learn how to fly. About the elite squad that went to rescued her, she shivered when I told her that.

“So we are not on earth anymore?”

“I guess, you could say that.”

“You are still on Earth, but in a different dimension.” Saeros interrupted. Have I said how much I hated him for always interrupting? No? Well, I will say it: I hate him!

“Hard to believe that yesterday we were just normal kids worrying about homework and that dumb rock project, uh?”

Anastasia nodded with a blankly expression.

***

After arguing quite a few times with Anastasia about helping her walked to the Lotus Court, she didn't have any other option, but to give in and let me help her. She was leaning against me with her arm around me and I was supporting her with my arm around her waist. She still felt a little numb and her legs weren't responding her.

“So we are going to learn how to ride the dragons?” She asked, breaking the silent that has envolved us.

“Yeah” I replied, feeling a little sick about just thinking in, actually, flying. I always hated heights, but that didn't ever stopped me from going to high places like roofs, trees, and all that. But knowing that we might fly thousand feet off from the ground with nothing to support us but our dragons was another thing.

“Hey, you ok?” She asked me. I guess she saw my sick face.

“Yeah, just a little nervous, though. I'm not that a fan of heights, you know?”

“Yeah, I still remember your face the time we went on that trip with our families. Only one word to descrive it: Priceless.” She said laughing that beautiful laugh that seem to made my problems to fly away.

'Whoa! Beautiful? Since when I think her laugh was beautiful?' I thought. 'Maybe since I thought I would never see her again.'

I could felt a flush making its way to my cheeks. “Hey, not my fault I'm scared of heights since that movie with—”

“Mead! Hurry up!” I was interrupted by Saeros...again. I was really starting to hate him--well, more than before since I already hate him. He was leaning against the doorframe of the huge doors of the throne room with his arms crossed over his chest. “Took you two long enough, uh?”