Destined Meeting

For the next few chapters of the story, you and Noctis' approximate age is 17.

"C'mon f-n, we don't want to be late!" Your 20 year old brother, b-n (brother's name) called from below.

"Coming!" You yelled back. You swept away your bangs from your face, shifting in discomfort at the tight dress that squeezed around your abdomen. You personally just wanted to wear a pair of comfy jeans and a T-shirt with sneakers, but no, you were invited to an exquisite ball being hosted in the Lucis palace. Your parents were given the approval to speak with King Regis about personal matters. Halfway into the lecture of respecting all the guests attending, you started to tune out your parents explaining how special and important this ball was. Your interest level in the royal family basically was around the percentage of five. To you, they were just rulers who used money from the taxes for their own personal, selfish needs. You despised most people born with royal blood running through their veins.

Your ankles throbbed and twitched in your two inched heels, gripping onto the pine railing as if it were your life line.

"You look like a circus clown sis." Your brother snorts, trying to contain in his laughter.

"Shut up!" You snapped, narrowing your eyes at him.

"Enough with the wasteful banter you two, we're going to be late." Your mother scolded, examining herself in her pocket mirror.

"Come on you two." Your father says, exiting the house with the car keys between his callous fingers.

You and your brother walk towards your car, sitting on the cushioned seats.
A small side of you seemed curious of the future endeavors awaiting at the Lucii palace.

Time Skip
Cars, laminated in mainly black coating, lined around the central area of the frontier of the palace, circling around the area. Your slim fingers discreetly glided across the surface of the trunk of your car, cracking it open a little. A mini duffel bag was slipped right under their noses, storing a special cache in its compartments. You were tempted to roll your eyes at how oblivious they were as they continued to walk with arms looped deeper into the palace without a command to follow. Your eyes shifted over to your brother, silently taking notice of his flirty interactions with a girl around his age. That girl he recently introduced to your parents as his girlfriend clearly wasn't apparent to him.

The surroundings fazed around you in a white flash. You stood back up from your crouching position, studying the immense corridor in awe. Simply godly gifted some might call it, while you considered it an utter hindrance to your life. People never believed you, exclaiming how expansive your imagination was. How saddening it was during your high school years, everybody excluding you from curricular activities. Though, there was someone who never was a conversationalist during middle school that you actually became close friends with.

That warping technique sure was useful during situations like this, being able to avoid any flirts during these balls. One side leaded to a number of doors and party streamers while the other led to a tall set of twin metal doors. 'Metal doors it is.' You chose, walking down the secluded hallway. The chilly air greeted your skin, shuddering from its frigid hello. Your eyes glimmered towards the night sky before falling onto your bottom, reaching for your uncomfortable footwear. You hissed through your teeth as you flung the shoes off, examining the fresh blisters scattered over your feet. A pair of black and white sneakers were pulled from the black duffel bag from earlier, placing them on hastily. It felt absolutely amazing, relief washing over your body. You waltzed over to the balcony railing, crossing your arms atop of it. The stars continued to twinkle under your gaze, a smile beginning to twitch across your lips subconsciously.

"How did you get up here miss?" A somewhat matured voice questioned. You turn around, your eyes connecting with enticing ones slightly obscured by messy, jet-black bangs, strands framing his pale complexion.

"Oh, just a little magic I guess." You answered, gazing up at the night sky to admire the twinkling little lights. The click clacking of leather shoes resounded in your ears, hesitantly reaching closer before pausing.

"First time?" The voice questions with an amused tone.

"How did you know?" You ask with a slight edge in your voice.

"Just a guess. Plus, you're wearing sneakers to a ball." He responds.

"You try wearing high heels." You remark, causing him to chuckle.

"Touché." You laugh quietly, turning your head towards the unknown figure. You examine his face noticing how the stars seemed to shimmer against his mysterious, ocean-like eyes, the way his hair uniquely frames his cheeks.

"Enjoying the view?" He questions facing you with a playful smirk.

"U-Um yeah, it sure is pretty at night here in Lucis." You stutter out, hoping that he didn't notice your curious examination of his features.

"So what's your name miss?" He asks with a cute tilt of his head.

"f-n, what yours Mr...?" You question.

"My name is," he pauses for a few seconds before hesitantly answering with, "Noct."

"Noct, that's an unusual name." You chirp, slightly bewildered with how easily his name rolled off your tongue like butter.

"You can blame my old man for that." Noct says with a small smile.

"Hehe, well I think it's a cool name." You say, nudging him on the shoulder.

"Thanks...I guess?" He says with a raised eyebrow.
Both of you break into a laughter, grinning softly at each other.

"Prince Noctis, Luna requests for your presence in the dining room as well as your father." You look over your shoulder, spotting a bespectacled man with piercing emerald eyes glowering at your figure with crossed arms.

"Alright Ignis." Noctis answers. He steps back from leaning on the railing, joining the side of Ignis. He sent you a small wave, accompanying his comrade along the quiet corridor. A frown replaced the smile minutes ago, squinting your eyes with a tint of annoyance and displeasure swirling within them.

'A prince huh. Out of all things he could be, it had to be a prince.'