This Is What School Is Like...

I brought a book that I got from the family library titled '100 Things To Do When Life Gives You Lemons'. For lunch, I was eating inside the library, since I guess it was allowed in my school. Well, for the book club members to hide away from the populars.

I mean, the people like The Pep Girls and The Three Stooges. The librarian let us because she knew the feeling of getting hunted down. That, and she is friends with my mom, I guess. I saw the librarian talking to my mom once or twice a month in the library. Other than that, they were talking on the phone.

Rita, Martin, and Milton were at some sort of student council meeting, and Nathan had some sort of catchup work with the teachers since he came here at the start of fourth quarter as senior year.

I mean, that seems crazy. The thing is, why would Nathan come back when it's already the fourth quarter of school and is senior year? It seems to be a bit odd for me, and the fact that he could have just came back during college. Now he has little time to do the things he wanted like he said in the library one time.

"I'm back!" Nathan exclaimed, walking into the library as the librarian quickly shushed him. "Oops," he said in a quieter tone as he sat next to me, putting an arm around my shoulders. Which, in fact, caused me to flinch.

"How was it? With the teacher?" I asked as Nathan shrugged.

"Eh. Pretty strict so it was no joke if I wanted to meet with you," Nathan said as he looked at me in the eyes as I blushed, looking away from him and raising one eyebrow.

"Why would you come to America so late?" I muttered quietly as I saw the librarian organize her books, probably telling me to shush if I was not quiet, like how Nathan barged in really loudly.

"Like I said, I wanted to look for you, ask you out, and go to the same college together, and spend more time with you. I just felt guilty, when I left you alone in high school and middle school," Nathan said as I blushed red.

"But you should have known about the consequences. The massive amount of catchup work. And because of you moving in the fourth quarter, there are slim chances of you getting a scholarship to any university," I said as Nathan kissed the side of my head, as my eyes widened, with me crossing my arms.

"I could care less. But how would it be like if I weren't here?" Nathan asked as I picked up my food and sat next to him, eating my orange chicken and rice, while sitting close to him.

"I don't know," I said, imaging when I was pushed around, because people were not able to see me. I would be nothing but a punching bag, a rag doll, that no one would want.

"That doesn't matter anymore! I'm here now! And after what I saw with the pep girls and the three stooges, as you call them, I can pretty much imagine it. Is there really that much dramas going on in your school?" Nathan asked as I put down my food and took a sip from my water bottle.

"Pretty much," I replied. "I didn't care about it before. But then I got involved in it, with them bullying the innocent and the intelligent. I wanted to make friends before the fourth quarter, and I may have not achieved that without you," I shyly admitted.

"Aww!" I heard the librarian exclaim as she was rolling a cart of books.

"Kyah!" I exclaimed and hid my face between my book that was titled '100 things to do when life gives you lemons'. The librarian just laughed as Nathan quickly shushed her.

"This is a library!" He said in a whispery tone as the librarian rolled her eyes.

"You see, my husband and I met in this library. Enjoy while you're young," the librarian said and hummed, walking down the aisle of books, while rolling her book cart.

"Hey, you did make more than one friend! And a bonus: a boyfriend!" Nathan exclaimed as I smiled at him.

"I never knew, that something as gross as romance, could actually feel really nice," I said. "I feel like I could relax. Even if it's just for a little while. And, you're someone I can't lie to."

"Hm. I'm pretty sure you lie to me a lot," Nathan said as I was red-faced in embarrassment.

"Sh-Shut up, you stupid idiot!" I exclaimed, smacking him in the arm as he just laughed, pushing up his glasses to the bridge of his nose.

"I love you too, Maria," Nathan said and kissed me on the cheek. My eyes widened as I crossed my arms.

"W-Well, it's just for one month!" I exclaimed as Nathan nuzzled his head close to my head, almost like a cat. His hair strands tickled me a little, so I forced myself to smile as a slight laugh escaped my mouth.

"Hm~ you said if you wanted then it could last for more than a month~" Nathan said in a sing song voice, sounding like a little kid sweetening it up so he could ask his mom for ice cream.

I compare a lot of things, okay? Ever since I started reading books, I've grown close to metaphors and similes since they were my only friends. I can just imagine normal people going 'Oh Maria that's sad'.

Well people just don't see me. I'm too average, I blend in a bit too much with the people who aren't at all part of the drama and are just innocent bystanders somehow getting sucked in like Martin, Milton, and Rita.

But now, I'm in the drama, and they know my name. And, it sucks. And I'm supposed to have some sort of knight in shining armor to save me.

Well, this knight is a flimsy knight that can only stand up verbally. The library? Where he was just pushed down that quickly?

"School...," I muttered as Nathan looked at me oddly.

"What about it?" He asked.

"This is what school's like now," I muttered.