New Kid

After that class which was mostly filled with the three stupid stooges getting in trouble all the time, and Jack telling Brainiac to shut up, I walked in the hallways, passing by Rita again, and hopefully, just hopefully, she would be okay. My mom told me she was exactly like what would've described as her.

Except, I noticed that Rita seemed to be alone in the halls. Another outcast, just like me. Maybe, she could be my first friend? She doesn't seem that bad, after all.

"I'll just meet up with her at lunch," I thought to myself as I was pushed to the side of the locker by Milton, I believe.

Name: Milton
SO: Nerdy and brainiacy

This time, he didn't say anything. He was talking to Martin, who was Brainiac number 1 while Milton was Brainiac number 2. I just shook my head, taking my seat in class as the "Pep Girls" started rumoring in class.

Pep Girl 1: Stacy
SO: Dramatic and Overreacting

Pep Girl 2: Stephanie
SO: Fangirly over boy bands

Pep Girl 3: Skyler
SO: Awkwardly social

I was a bit surprised that Sasha the Clown wasn't in this group of the pep girls, but I paid no attention to whatever rumor they're spreading.

All I heard was new guy and foreign.

It wasn't long before class started. I got out my notebook and pencils and erasers and all of that school stuff.

"Can I sit here?" Someone asked, sounding a bit shy. I turned to see a tall guy, neat black hair, tan skin, and dark chocolate brown eyes. He was wearing khakis and a white polo.

I nodded, gesturing to the desk next to me as he sat in his seat, nervous. "You must be the new student the peppy girls are talking about," I muttered over to the new guy as he chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

"Yeah. There's a bit of a backstory on why I'm here," he said. I soon noticed that he had some sort of accent. And the fact that his hair and eyes reminded me of someone...

***

"I like to, describe myself as chocolate! In the Philippines, I lived in the Chocolate Hills! Very beautiful place! When you go to Philippines, visit me there," Nathan said as I giggled.

"Do you want me to call you Chocolate from now on?" I asked as Nathan shook his head rapidly.

"N-No!"

***

I smiled at the tiny memory as I faced the new guy. "I'd like to hear it. I don't have anything else to do," I said as the new guys smiled.

"I came back for a girl I liked when I last came to America. She was my best friend, and she said I was her only friend. She said she would go to this school, so I came back," the new guy said. My eyes widened in shock as my fingers started to tremble.

"It could be him..." I thought in my mind, frowning. "But, at the same time, it couldn't."

"What's your name?" I asked the new kid. He looked at me and returned a soft smile.

"Well, my name is-"

He was cut off by the sound of the strict teacher bursting through the doors saying no talking in a strict tone. The new kid shrugged and faced the chalkboard.

I didn't know his name until the next class, which was Language Arts. Of course, the same thing has happened in a much more quiet manner.

Finally, he was able to say his name during Lunch, when we sat at the same table along with a bunch of other people I'm not vary familiar with.

"My name is Nathan Torio."

I just sat there, frozen in shock. It was him, my one and only friend that had left in middle school, and I was left alone in the horrid world of high school.

Name: Nathan Cole Torio
SO: *ERROR*

"Your name, Maria Ramos? Sounds like a Filipino name when she's half Japanese and half American? Seems like you're her," Nathan said as I was still frozen from his smile that warmed my heart on the inside. Sounds cheesy, but still.

"Chocolate..," was all I managed to say when he mentioned my name. The smile was wiped off of Nathan's face as we were both frozen in shock. Neither of us bothering to eat our lunches.

Nathan soon snapped out of it and grinned, giving me a friendly hug that lasted about 20 seconds. I almost felt like crying on his back from the nice warm hug. My life was miserable without someone at my side. We pulled away from the hug, Nathan looking at me as he put a hand on my shoulder. "How's it been, Maria? I haven't seen you in quite a while. I'm fluent in English so I like to use complicated words," he said as I smiled.

"I was alone ever since...It felt like hell..," I said as Nathan smiled again, a sheepish grin on his face to see that he was able to remove his braces in the nick of time.

Because I've known him ever since, I couldn't help but hold a crush I've had on him for a while. I still do, which makes me comfortable around him. But just to think, my only friend, if he ever turned into my boyfriend, would that mean, I can rid of my allergy of romance?

Haha psych! I couldn't fall in love even if I wanted to, and the percentage of me wanting to love someone is so low it isn't even a number. It's in the decimals with about a gazillion zeroes.

Even if he was my long lost friend living in an island called the Philippines, who I never had a crush on and was only glad his company was there as not being unnoticed. However for sure, she won't fall in love with him. Eventually, she thought, Nathan would soon learn of the pep girls that were talking about him.