No Longer Unnoticed

Ever since yesterday, my life has been turned around at least a little bit. I was able to smile 50% more than I used to. Still, with my allergy of love and romance around the world, it could not go back to one hundred percent. I was surrounded by it, almost making me feel as if I should wear a mask everywhere I go.

Though it still disgusted me how people could be expressing their love toward each other in public while I am there, and there are people like me out there, who are just thoroughly disgusted.

I don't have a problem with them being together, no matter what, really. Even so, just do it somewhere else that isn't public. I would go ranting and ranting about this all day but then again, I have two reasons for why I shouldn't.

1. No one really cares if I'm the one ranting about it.

2. People will just make snarky remarks on how I shouldn't complain.

I think the first reason weighs on my decisions much more. That is the one trait about me, that I can memorize and keep. Me being unnoticed.

I was sitting on my desk, thinking about these things. Nathan was quietly humming as he was writing in his planner. I eventually spotted Rita in the back corner. She looked as if she was scared. Of course, I couldn't blame her. Sasha stood up, spotting Rita before me.

She was sitting right next to the leader of the Pep Girls and The Three Stooges who had their underlings sit close by them, too. I carefully watched as I punched Nathan in the arm.

"Ow! Hey, you made me mess up my planner! And I was writing in pen and my white out broke because my stepdad used it," Nathan frowned as I closed the book.

"No one cares about the planners! You're probably the only one in the entire school who used them," I said as I watched intently on what was going on. Stacy stood up, walking over to Rita along with John. She put her hands on her hips as John crossed his arms.

"Hmmmm, you seem like a cute girl, Rita! You should come out of that little shell of yours and, you know, hang out with us!" Stacy exclaimed as I saw that Rita was trembling in fear, looking down on her desk.

"Come on, don't you feel a bit left out? You should feel a bit welcome! Now that you're hanging out with the popular guys!" John said as I saw Milton and Martin at the front row, shaking their heads in disbelief. I knew the stuff going on in the hallways, they've experienced it it they ever interfered.

"Why don't you meet up with us during lunch? Or buy you a drink after school?" Sasha asked, almost touching Rita's face. I clenched my fists, not caring of the consequences anymore and walking over there.

"Hey, Hey, Maria you just warned me yesterday about who they were don't be the one that-"

"Shut it, Nate!" I exclaimed and stood in front of Rita's desk.

"Who are you anyways, to even be standing in front of me?" Sasha asked as I crossed my arms.

"Look what you people are doing! Harassing people who have much more intelligent brains than you! I may not know them, you may not know me, but I've seen you in the hallways, harassing them! Every. Single. Year! You think your so high and mighty, because you're taking the weak to an advantage? Your nothing but a terrorist to this school!" I yelled as Sasha just laughed.

"So? We took advantage of the student council president, too. There's no way you can fight against us anyways," Sasha said cooly as I faced Martin, who was Student Council President as I just rolled my eyes.

"Go ahead. I'm just speaking as one of the nothings that I am to your stupid big shots. And don't think this whole high school is a demented version of High School Musical. John, I know that you cheated on your math test with the rest of your stooges to get your fake straight As. Sasha, I know about your plastic surgery almost everywhere on your body. Stephanie and Stacy, I know about your criminal record and Skyler, I know about you stealing books from my mom's library!"

They all stood there in shock. However, Skyler just laughed. "As if. Your mom's blind, as if she would notice!"

I grabbed her by the collar and pinned her to a wall as I could hear her head crashing onto it, almost as if she was making the sound effects to make things more drastic.

"You can insult me as much as you want. You can harass me as much as you want. The one thing you can't even lay a finger on or speak ill of them, are my family and friends," I said coldly.

"What friends?" Stephanie asked.

"And what family?" Alexander asked.

I stood there, frozen in place as they continued to laugh at me. I let go of Skyler as she wheezed a little then joined in the laughter.

"Ramos. Principal's office," the teacher said as I glumly walked over to the Principal's Office.

My parents sat there. My dad chuckled and held up a high five as I did not take it. My mom whacked him in the arm as he winced, retracting the high five.

After what the Principal said, I could not argue, I just agreed to what they were saying. There was no point in me arguing at it would only make it worse.

My parents would pick me up after school. I walked in the hallways, with Nathan telling me 'I told you'. In the end, I saw three people walking in front of me.

Rita, Milton, and Martin.

"Thanks, for what you did there," Rita said as Milton nodded in agreement. Milton was Rita's brother, and Martin was Rita's lover. Or, blossoming romance, which I did not want to stick around to see.

"It's no problem. I've had my fair share of harassments, or looking at them," I said as Milton handed me a card.

"Book...club?" I asked when I saw it as Martin nodded with a grin on his face.

"As you said, your mom owns a library and that library happens to be where our meetings are held! You and Mr. Nathan here are invited to join at any time!" Milton said as Rita shyly smiled and nodded as Martin did the same with his arms crossed.

I chuckled and put the card in my pocket. "I'll join, since, it's in my house, of course," I said as Nathan nodded in agreement.

"I'll join. My mom will be thrilled to have me in a club," Nathan said as Rita chuckled.

"Make sure you'll be there after school by noon tomorrow," Martin said as the three started to chat amongst themselves as they walked away.

I sighed in sadness as Nathan put an arm around my shoulders, with a cool expression on his face though I could see a hidden red on his cheeks.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked and raised one eyebrow at Nathan.

"I am being a diligent friend. People will most likely not think of you as the girl that got suspended for two weeks and instead the girl with a cute foreign boyfriend," Nathan said as I sighed, wanting to throw up.

"Well, you're a boy, and your my friend. But hey, behind a friend at my side isn't that bad," I said as Nathan smiled, nodding.

His face. It was his face in my dream.

Ugh, disgusting. Romance and puppy love. Truly disgusting. I just went along with it, trying not to puke my guts out. I guess, it was okay if he was my friend.

That's just the one percent that let me think it was okay for his arm to be around me.