A "Normal" School Day

I stuffed my books into my bag, not caring if they would fit or not, I just shoved them all at once in my backpack. I looked at myself in the mirror. Long, jet black hair, fair white skin, and a deep blue in my eyes. At least, that's how my dad describes it.

I said bye to my parents, just giving them a slight wave. As usual, they were holding hands, being all lovey dovey. Or, maybe it was another reason.

My mom is blind, and my dad is her support. We have a dog who is basically mom's service dog named Hanatamago, after something. I couldn't quite put my finger on it since it seemed to be such an odd name. Why not, Buddy, or Rex, or something normal?

I went out, looking as average as possible. People walked by me, like it was no big deal. Like, I wasn't even there. Everywhere I went, I see couples. A girl with a guy, or a guy with a guy, or a girl with a girl. And everyday when I came home, I saw my mom and dad together.

I rarely see them fight. And frankly, I don't think I have. But romance made me sick. Or, maybe jealous. I guess I can't figure out this feeling inside me. It always has to do with stupid romance.

And me being unnoticed. I'm a senior, about to graduate. It's the fourth quarter, and I don't know what else to do but keep my grades up. I am part Japanese, after all. Back to me being unnoticed, again you probably wouldn't want to hear my whole story since I'm just an average girl.

I had one friend. A guy. Named Nathan Torio. He's gone ever since his parents had to move back to his home country when we were just in middle school. He wasn't from here, in fact, he was from the Philippines.

Nathan, or Nate, as I call him, wasn't very fluent in English. I didn't mind at all, and we used to joke around about accents, since I'm part Japanese. When he left, the world's been empty. It's not fair, in fact.

I guess, I am jealous. Or I'm just having an allergic reaction to people in love. But I guess, I need to make new friends and move on, right? Wrong. I hate everyone else. I hate them. The people who aren't my parents, or Nathan. They all treat me like I'm just thin air, or chopped liver, as few people use that expression few times.

This world isn't what I want it to be. When I was little, I was, too, sick of love. But in a different way. I used to think it was yucky, and gross the way I saw my mom and dad's wedding picture.

Now, I'm just purely allergic to it.

Enough about how much I hate romance, now go on to the actual school day. I dragged my heavy backpack loaded with books everywhere as I walked around the halls. Then once more, I was shoved to the ground.

"Oh no, I'm sorry I didn't see you there!" I heard the girl exclaim. I glared at her as she walked away.

The girl's name: Sasha
SO (standing out): Much makeup

Okay if I were to be honest, this chapter is more like an introduction. But someone like Sasha, would most likely push you down on purpose. Especially with her high voice that is over exaggerated.

"Hey, babe, you okay?" The guy asked, walking closer to Sasha, holding hands as she nodded, staring at her hands with a frown on her face.

"Baby, this girl tripped me," Sasha said. My eyes widened as he gave me a glare.

"Watch where you're going. Your messing with my girl, your messing with me," he said and walked away with her girlfriend in deep concern. I rolled my eyes and almost threw up, sick. Sick of all this stupid romance.

Name: Jack
SO: Amazingly corny and stupid

I got up and started to walk through the halls as I saw a girl bump into me. Though, she didn't look like the others. Instead, she was amazingly fragile.

She had glasses on with a purple frame and short brown hair. She clutched her books close to her chest as her backpack straps were on both sides. Which meant, in our cases, she was one of the good people.

"U-Um...I'm sorry, I honestly didn't see you there..," she said as I gave her a half smile.

"Don't sweat it," I told her. She nodded and walked away.

Name: Rita
SO: Shy and timid

I went to the rest of my classes and took out the books I needed for math, putting my backpack on my table as people started to pile up their backpack over mine, as if it wasn't there. I sighed, not wanting to think about it.

I walked to my seat and took out a decent pencil from my pencil bag and opened my notebook to a blank page and opened my textbook to the problem we're on.

Since, of course, I have no friends, I literally. There's my parents, but they don't count. There's Hantamago, but he doesn't really count.

The only friend, only actual friend, I've ever had is Nathan. I miss Nathan, more than anyone in the world. Well, I miss my grandpa, too, but I never met him. I wish I did, though. My mom seems to be nice, maybe gramps was too.

Math, was a headache. The three stupid stooges kept on annoying the whole class as the braniac kept on reciting the numbers from Pi.

1 stooge: John
SO: Annoying

2 stooge: Alexander
SO: Arrogant and cocky

3 stooge: Aaron
SO: Stupid

Brainiac: Martin
SO: Smart and egotistic

That's all for the first chapter. Just so you know, my life sucks. If you want to keep reading, go ahead. It'll get better somehow.