Chapter 26

*Sorry for any mistakes*

Noah's pov
How are we supposed to find her? She could be anywhere! I can't believe this is happening....again. The poor girl must be terrified! Was it the same person as before that kidnapped her? Or a different one? No! Last time she told me there was only a man, but Eldon said he saw a man and a woman, meaning two things. One- it's not the same person, and two- it's the same person, but they have a partner. Ugh! Why is this so difficult? Well of course it is, I can't just solve it in a day! Finding her could take years, and who knows where she may be by then.

"Noah, sit down," Eldon says calmly to me. "Your pacing is making my head spin!"

I forgot about the fact that I'm pacing up and down my kitchen, my fingers tangling around each other, and my forehead sweating. What? I'm stressed!

"We need to call the police!" I yell, running to the phone, but then Eldon stops me by gently placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Of course we do, Noah," he starts to say, but then sits me down onto one of the perfectly carved wooden chairs that stands around my grand dining table. "But I think I should tell you something first."

"What's that?" I ask, now he has my full attention.

"You see, ever since Richelle was kidnapped the first time, I've been paranoid that it could happen again, to anyone."

"What does that have to do with finding Richelle?"

"Let me finish! Anyway, I have CCTV cameras installed, and an app on my phone that can track a car from its numberplate; I'm basically an undercover policeman."

I shoot him a confused look. He's a policeman? I thought he worked in the grocery store every week day, selling cabbages to old ladies.

"You're not a policeman," I tell him, confused as ever. "You work in the grocery store down the road. What are you talking about?"

"I'm not actually a policeman, Noah!" He exclaims, his face turning confused as well because of what I said. "I mean, I could be. I have all the equipment that a spy needs, so I'm basically one."

"How would Old Sandra feel about that?" I ask cheekily, referring to his favourite customer of cabbage buyers, Old Sandra. "You not selling her cabbages anymore?"

"I never thought about that," he says and looks into the distance as if there's something that he's looking at, when in reality it's just a white wall. "I guess I'd miss her too much. Yeah, I'll stick to selling cabbages!"

"Good for you," I say, ending that conversation. "Now, can we see the footage on the cameras now?"

"Oh yeah, that! Let's go now, better not waste anytime!"

**************

Only a few minutes later, considering he lives directly opposite me, we're both in his bedroom, eyes fixed to his computer screens. I never knew he had three computers! Each one has a different location on it; one for the front of his house (mine can be seen in the back of the video, but the road in the middle), another for his garden and behind that (which is another road), and the last for looking all the way down the estate's road (this lets us see all the neighbourhood cars and who's driving in and out). Honestly, it's all quite fascinating. But I don't have time to wonder how he set all this up, I need to see the number plate and who took Richelle!

-------
Sorry for ending it there! My summer holidays have just started, so I should be posting more often! Sorry this took so long to post and that it's so short, the next one will hopefully be longer!