Chapter 21

Noah's pov
The car that me and Richelle sit in speeds down the road, not stopping for anything. I'm going to catch her! I'm going to find out where she's going! Even if it takes me all night, I'm going to solve this. Oops! I mean we, me and Richelle. We'll solve this together. I'm actually very lucky that she's so observant. Without her, I would never have known about any of this! The sneaking out, I mean. Just imagine if I didn't have Richelle with me? My life would be completely different than to what I think it would be. I'm do glad she got out!

"Noah!" Her voice yells out, making me jump in my seat and turn the wheel, accidentally, "Noah! Look out!"

My head looks out through the window screen, which is difficult because it's late at night and the sky is pitch black. Luckily, I see that she was yelling at me to slow down because of an old lady crossing the road. What is she doing out at this hour? Coming back from bingo, probably.

My feet slam on the breaks so hard that the car tips a little. Somehow the woman doesn't even notice that I could've hit her! Well, I guess that's a good thing.

Quickly, I look over to Richelle, who seems to look panicked; very panicked. Her mouth opens, and I know what's coming; "You almost hit her, Noah! I know you want to catch Amanda up, but you can't squish old ladies along the way!"

"I know," I reply, seeing the lady get to the other side, letting me start the car again and continue driving, "and I'm sorry. I'll be more careful now, honestly! I'm just in a rush!"

"It's okay, Noah. Just don't do it aga- OH MY GOSH I SEE HER!"

"Where?" I ask, scanning my surroundings, but not too much so that I don't crash.

"Pull over just there! I'll show you."

I do as she says, and bring the car to a stop in a small lay-by. We both jump out of the car and Richelle grabs my arm, starts running into the darkness, and I let her take the lead. Hopefully she knows where she's going; that'd better have been Amanda that she saw!

"There," she whispers, pulling me behind a bush and pointing towards a large house where there seems to be a party going on, "in the black shirt and blue jeans, that's Amanda!"

My eyes follow her finger, leading them straight to where she's pointing; Amanda. She's right! That is Amanda! And she appears to be.....kissing another man?! What?! This can't be happening!

I feel my palms begin to sweat, and my face turn red with anger. Richelle sees what's happening, and gently places a hand on my shoulder before whispering, "Noah, I'm so sorry."

I, frustrated, shake my head and breathe quickly, my blood boiling with every second. I can't believe this! We're supposed to be married soon! Why would she do this to me? And the worst part is, we haven't even kissed for this long. This seems like forever! Can it please end? Apparently not!

You know what? I'm more angry than sad! I stand up straight, getting out of my crouching position. I take in a deep breathe before I start to march towards where Amanda is. Richelle's voice can be heard from behind me, telling me to stop, but I ignore her. I hate ignoring Richelle, but this time I have too.

Furious, I finally reach the two, who haven't even noticed that I'm here! This makes me even more angry! So angry, that I yell, "Amanda! You're cheating on me!"

Surprised, the two finally pull away from each other, gazing at me with shock. Amanda's eyes widen, and she looks completely lost for words. To help her out, I take her hand, pull the ring off my finger and put it on her palm, which is now sweating.

"Forget it, we're over. Never talk to me again."

"Noah, it's not what you think!"

"Oh just shut up! I trusted you, Amanda! How long has this been going on for? Months? Weeks?"

"A...a year."

I shake my head and look at her with disgust. One year. This had been going on for one year. I can believe her! This isn't fair, or right! Ugh!

"I've said it once before, and I'll say it again; never talk to me again."

********

Sorry if there are any mistakes! I can't be bothered to go back and read through it 😂❤️