Chapter 13

Richelle's pov
Soon enough, after a short drive back to Noah and Amanda's house, Noah pulls up in his driveway, letting me hop out the car first, and him close behind. We walk to the house in silence, just like we were in the car; not a word was spoken.

However, that silence is soon broken by Noah, just as we reach the door, "Richelle what happened in there? Why did you faint? Please tell me, I can help."

Oh Noah! He's so sweet, but does he really want to know what happened? I bet he doesn't want to know that he's a suspect of my kidnapping, should I tell him? What if he gets angry? What if he thinks it's my fault? Maybe I shouldn't tell him what happened after all....

"Richelle?" he asks in a softer voice, placing a hand on my shoulder.
"Uh...."
"You can tell me."
"You're a...well...a...suspect."
"WHAT?! WHY?!"

As he raises his voice and his expression becomes angry, I flinch back a little, looking away from him, at the floor. I knew he'd get angry! I just shouldn't have said anything! And what if he tells Amanda? She'll kick me out for sure! She already dislikes me for some reason, so when she finds out that Noah's a suspect, I'll kicked out faster than I can say-

"I'm sorry," Noah's voice interrupts my thoughts, dragging me back to reality, "it's just that I didn't expect to be a suspect. Why am I a suspect?"

Phew! He isn't mad at me! Now, back to his question, why is he a suspect? Oh yeah! Just because my stupid kidnapper had a mask on, and Noah was the one that found me. That doesn't mean he took me! Yeah, I respect the police but calling Noah a suspect? Why would they even think that?

"Because," I begin, feeling unhappy about the reply, "because my kidnapper was wearing a mask, and you're the one that found me. Also, you still live here, so they think that you're my kidnapper. Well, not my kidnapper, they think that you could be."

"What?" he asks, confused, "I can't believe that they'd think that! Oh God, you don't believe do you?"

Frantically, I shake my head no, "Of course not!"
"Ok, good. I just want to find whoever it was, and punish them."
Me too Noah, me too.

Before we could say anymore, the door swings open; revealing Amanda. Her hair is straightened, like usual, and she's wearing a bright, floral dress. I didn't even notice that the weather is nice today! I should've worn something nice- wait, I can't. I don't have any other clothes. I should probably ask to borrow some.

"Hey," Noah speaks up, giving Amanda a peck on the cheek, "miss me?"
"Of course," she replies, doing the exact same back to him, and letting us enter, "how did it go?"

Ugh, why did she have to ask that? Can't she go off with Noah and do some couple things? I don't want to repeat this, again! Ever since I saw her walkout last night, I've been thinking about her differently. I still don't understand where she went, did Noah know about it?

"I'll tell you later," Noah whispers into her ear, trying to make sure that I don't hear, but fails, "let's just relax. Besides, you have work tonight."

Is he sure it's work? Or her secret sneaking out? You know what? I'm going to ask where she went! I deserve to know! So, I ask, out loud, "So Amanda, where were you off to last night?"

"Sorry, what?" she asks, giving me a confused look, "I don't understand."
"Yes you do," I reply, now Noah's giving me a weird look, "I heard you sneak out of yours and Noah's room, and saw you walk out the door dressed up!"
"Is that true?" Noah asks Amanda, "Did you sneak out?"
"Of course not!" Amanda retorts, "I think she's a bit...you know...crazy after her incident, making up things about me."

Is she being serious? She said that out loud! Instantly, I glare at her, and Noah tilts his head whilst widening his eyes at her, almost as if to say, "Shut up, she's right there."

"I'm not crazy!" I yell, surprising myself that I had the confidence to say that.
"Oh honey, no need to hide it," she says, looking at me sympathetically.
"Amanda," Noah says, giving her a small glare.
Who does she think she is?

"I'm sorry Richelle," she says, giving me a fake smile, "why don't you come with me, and I'll get you some clothes from my wardrobe to borrow?"

Hm, maybe she's being genuine now! Unsure, but happy to get nee clothes, I reply with, "Okay."

Then, she touches my shoulder, and, somehow without it being obvious to Noah, she drags me away, still by my shoulder, and up the stairs. We arrive in her bedroom, and instead of her walking towards her wardrobe to get some clothes for me, she pins me up against the wall. What is this girl on?

"Don't you dare say that in front of Noah!" she snarls, giving me an angry look, taking me aback, "Understand?"
"Or what?"
"You don't want to find out."