Chapter 8

Richelle's pov
Fiancé? Noah has a fiancé? Why didn't he tell me sooner? It's not like it it's obvious that he has her though! I didn't see any photos of them together hanging up, no girls' clothing or scent! Why don't they have pictures up of themselves? And how long have they been together? How did Noah propose? How did they meet? When's the wedding? Oh I want to know!

But at the same time, I don't. Amanda seems friendly, but there's something about her. Something odd. She didn't seem to like me, rushing off to her bedroom without saying good night to me! The way she stared at me, it was as if I wasn't human!

So, I just lie here, in my bed. Technically, it's not mine, but it is at the same time. For now, I'm just going to say this room and everything in it is mine. I'm so silent, that I can hear Amanda and Noah breathing. That's how quiet everything is! A little....creepy silence. All that can be heard is can an owl hooting in the distance, and a tree gently tapping its bony fingers against my window. Yeah, definitely a creepy sound!

Suddenly, I hear the sound of footsteps. Then, a door creaking, and slowly shutting. Whoever it is, Amanda or Noah, they're being extremely quiet about it. But not quiet enough. Now, there's a heavy breathing sound outside my door, making me a little nervous as I clutch my blanket to my chest.

However, the sound stops. But then, a different sound is made. The ancient floorboards on the stairs begin to creak, almost as if someone is tiptoeing down them, trying not to make a sound. Of course it's the stairs! I'll always remember that noise! When I came over to this house for sleepovers, I remember the distinct noise of the stairs creaking whenever one of us wanted to sneak downstairs!

Maybe I should go and see who it is? I'm never usually nosy, but I want to see what's going on. So, I slowly pull the covers off me and swing my legs over the bed. My toes tap the grey carpet beneath me and I begin to stand up. Once I do, I quietly, and slowly, open my door, making sure no noise comes out.

As quiet as a mouse, I creep down the hallway to the top of the stairs, where I see a strange sight. Below me, by the front door, is Amanda! The strange thing is, she's getting her shoes on! Like she's going out! What is she doing? Then, she pulls a black leather jacket, hers I'm guessing, off the coat hanger which is beside the door. Next, she grabs her car keys, and swings them into her hand. She walks closer to the front door, giving me a full view of her outfit. Covering her legs are a pair of ripped, black denim jeans! And underneath her jacket, well what I can see with her zip undone, is a white, almost see through shirt! Where on earth is she going?

Just as she's about to open the door, she spins her head around, my way. Instantly, I duck, hoping that she hasn't seen me. Luckily, she doesn't! And with that, she gently opens the front door, not making a noise, and walks out. What just happened?

Quietly, I creep back to my room, but see that she left her and Noah's bedroom door wide open. Without thinking, I take a small peak through the gap that's there, and look inside their room. Fast asleep on their bed, is Noah. His arms must've been around her, as they're in a position to do so, but she slipped away. I wonder if he knows where she went? I would ask him, but I don't want to wake him up. So, I leave and tiptoe back to my room.

Once I'm back in my room, I jump back into my soft bed and close my eyes. I think nothing more about what happened. Perhaps she had to go to work? She said that her work ran late, so maybe she had to go back for something. Oh I don't know! But what I do know is that I'm tired, and need rest. And with that, I fall asleep in only a matter of minutes.

-
Where do you guys think Amanda went?