Chapter 16

Richelle's pov
My eyes dart open, where am I? My head hurts, a lot, and my vision is slightly blurry. Why am I lying down on the sofa? I don't remember bringing myself here. What happened? Oh yeah, Amanda pushed me down the stairs. I still can't believe that Amanda said that I tripped!

Suddenly, a dark figure looms over me, but gently kneels beside me; Noah! My vision quickly becomes clear again, revealing his face which looks slightly concerned. He reaches his hand out, and places it on my head, stroking my hair slightly. I close my eyes again, enjoying the feeling of his fingers softly running through my head. It feels almost as if we're best friends again, like Amanda isn't in our lives; but she is.

"Hey," he says softly, my eyes opening again and looking back at him, "how are you feeling? You had a pretty nasty fall."

That's a good question! How am I feeling? I already know that my head hurts, but what about the rest of me? I move my wrist slightly, and wince in pain a little, okay, that hurts a tiny bit, but I'll live. What about my legs? My knees? My ankles? I start by wiggling my ankles, which aren't too painful to move, but still hurt, then I move my legs slightly, which seem alright! But when I move my knees, I let out a small cry of pain, ouch! My right knee really hurts!

"What hurts, Richelle?" Noah asks, looking worried as I bite down on my bottom lip and let out a small gasp of pain.
"My...my knee," I mumble as I look down at it, and Noah carefully touches it, making sure he doesn't hurt me, and begins to gently massage it. This feels...nice!

My eyes begin to wander around the room, and soon reach the carpet. Oh God! The carpet! Well, it was white. Now, at the bottom of the stairs, there's a large red stain! That was me! I let out another gasp of shock, which makes Noah turn his head towards me, and soon realises what I'm looking at.

"You did a nice job of staining the carpet!" he jokes, but I don't find it funny, "Sorry, not the time. But don't worry about it, you need to focus on getting better."

"Was, was it my head?"
"Yeah, but I cleaned the blood off your face when you fell unconscious."
"I fell unconscious?"
"Yes, that's why you were probably a bit confused when you woke up. I carried you on to the sofa whilst Amanda went to get ready for work."
"So Amanda's at work?"
"Yes."

Thank God! I do not want her to be here right now! What if she takes a turn to look after me? That can't happen! I have to make sure that Noah looks after me! But....but he'll ask why, and I can't tell him! Ugh! I don't want Amanda to be here! What does Noah see in her?

"So it's just me and you tonight! Do you want me to run you a bath? Maybe it will help."
"Yes, please, thank you."
"That's alright, Richelle. You just need to rest, I'll come back when it's done."

Slowly, I nod my head and he gives me a small rub on the forehead with his thumb before walking off to the bathroom. I'm just so relieved that Amanda isn't here, I don't want to see her.

-
Sorry I'm so bad at endings haha.