Chapter 6

"I think we need to establish some ground rules." Niall groaned when Zayn interrupted him once again in their last period. All he really wanted to do was sit and learn something that might help him have a bright future but with Zayn Malik as your supposed 'boyfriend', it becomes really fucking hard to even concentrate during the class. Niall was already pissed at how the raven haired man just acted like a complete brat all the time. He was whiny and he groaned a lot at everything. Zayn always had something to say about how a person looked and whom they were dating. More than that, he always had some piece of his mind to give once Niall was bought into the topic. 

"We don't need to establish any rule other than- don't fucking talk to me during class!" Niall hissed, keeping his voice as low as he possibly could while sitting in the corner most seat so he was directly in view of the lads playing soccer in the field outside. Niall smiled at the sight, patting his bad knee when the sudden realization of how he can't ever play football again, slapped him right in the face. He sighed, running a hand through his hair as he tried to forget the incident that had caused such a fatal injury and chose to focus all his attention on the teacher dictating out important notes. 

"I'll talk to you whenever I want to. But listen, I think we should meet up at your place after school and talk about this entire boyfriend thing. We need to act more lovey-dovey and convince people." Zayn tried, moving his chair a bit forward so his lips were right near Niall's ears as he leaned his body half way across the desk. "Just agree to it and I'll keep quiet for the rest of the class." 

"Or what?" Niall challenged, not daring to turn around to see the smirk playing on Zayn's delicious lips. 

"Or I'm going to punish you for the little stunt you pulled at the cafeteria." Niall shivered at the husky note in Zayn's voice, putting a hand on his right hear to prevent the tanned man's lips from getting any closer to them. "I won't go easy on your big ass." The taller of the two squeezed down his hand a little so it was just above Niall's ass and touched the flesh through the thick material of his jeans, making the blonde flinch in surprise, causing him to knock his notebook off the table. 

"Stop acting like a fucking pervert," The blonde hissed, murmuring a quick apology to the teacher who had turned around to glare at all the commotion. He placed his head in his hands, trying to calm down the erratic beating of his heart before resuming down with scribbling the notes. His mind trailed back to the day when he had first encountered Zayn on the rooftop while he was busy smoking. It was fair to say that smoking was illegal on the school campus and not only that but Niall's parents were extremely strict regarding these matters. They were strict about everything but smoking and even a bit of drugs that the blonde did every now and then was sure going to end him in a big mess. 

"So what do you say kitten?" Zayn whispered again, keeping his distance this time when he felt the hate vibes just roll off of Niall. 

"Whatever the fuck you want, master." 

...

Niall quickly gathered his books once the final bell rang and without waiting for Zayn, he quickly ran out of the classroom, bumping into students on the way and whispering sorry to every single one of them. He quickly reached for his phone, dialing Liam's number without any hesitation as he shuffled his books inside the blue locker he had been assigned. Tapping his foot, Niall waited for his brunette friend to respond, mentally hoping that he wasn't high or out with some chick.

"What do you want?" The gruff voice on the other hand made Niall roll his eyes but sigh in relief, because at least Liam was alive. 

"I want you to pick me up and take me back home or let's just go to some fucking club. I need a smoke." Niall whispered, gathering his bag pack and walking down the hallways. He smiled at the few people who acknowledged his presence and ignored the ones who were whispering while staring at him.