Chapter 8

"What's up with you and Zayn?" The blonde turned his head around in the direction of the female voice, sighing to himself when he noticed it was just Kendall. He had decided to get a few extra study materials, deeming it better to study in the library rather than joining the class. He was ahead of all his lessons anyways so it wasn't that much of a hassle to get the teachers to agree with his decision. Niall was glad that people were over that sudden shock and suspicion phase they had had in the beginning of his and Zayn's fake relationship. It was ticking the blonde off and even though, he had gotten delayed for his lessons today, somehow the teacher let it slip by but gave Zayn a detention slip. 

"Why do you think something is up with us?" Niall whispered back, noting down all the important points as he glanced through the pages of the human anatomy book he had just taken off the shelf. For some weird reason, the kind of joy he had imagined he would feel if Zayn was not in the same room as him, was missing. He felt like wanting to hear that annoying voice bug the shit out of him. Niall quickly labelled himself as insane. 

"Well something obviously is because the last time I checked, Niall Horan wasn't bisexual or gay or anything other than straight." The brunette girl sat down on the chair, being careful enough to not create a screeching sound. She crossed her arms over her chest, watching the blonde boy wearing nerdy glasses scribble down frightfully fast on his notebook. Kendall rolled her eyes, not understanding how Niall could go from being a complete party animal to a nerdy dork in just a matter of two seconds. 

"I never said that I was straight. You assumed." Niall replied back quickly, flipping through the pages. He glanced at the wall clock hanging in the soft blue walls of the library, right in front of his eyes and frowned when he saw that he still had one hour left. He was almost done with all his work. And considering that Zayn would have to stay back for another hour or so, for detention, Niall would either have to walk back home or call Liam again. His best friend seemed to skip school a bit too much. Not like it mattered, Liam was rich and education wasn't really one of his concerns. Or priority.

"I never assumed that. You were just never interested in guys so it was obvious you were straight." Kendall huffed, adjusting the white stripe scarf she had wrapped around her neck, feeling a bit lame with her reasoning. 

"I never dated a girl either or showed any interest in one." Niall whispered back, closing the books and finally meeting the female's eyes. He cracked a smile at the way Kendall was glaring at him. One thing he loved about the girl, she always got too worried and protective over him, when really, it should be the other way around considering she had more scars than what Niall could ever imagine. "How are you?" The blonde sighed, checking the library only to find another single soul in sight. He got up from his chair, walking over to the seat where Kendall sat, arms now by her sides and Niall got on his knees. 

"I'm fine." The girl whispered back, ruffling the blonde's hair a bit. "Get up you goof. Someone will see." 

"I don't care. Did I ever tell you how much I love you?" Niall chuckled, wrapping his arms around the girl's slim waist before sighing loudly. His one hand gently tapped his scarred knee. "I'm so sorry Ken." Niall whispered back, feeling tears prick the corner of his eyes and even though Kendall chuckled in response he knew it was fake. 

"It wasn't your fault but hey, if that Malik kid doesn't treat you right, I'll not hesitate to punch his face in." Kendall laughed, ruffling Niall's face again before lifting him by the arm. It was funny how even though they were a group, she always seemed to connect well with Niall. He was like the brother she always wanted. 

"You don't have to do that. I'll fuck him up myself if he hurts me." The blonde mumbled, remembering the faint lipstick stain on Zayn's neck and even though the Pakistani had given a reasonable excuse for it, and he seemed genuine as well, Niall couldn't help but wonder that Zayn was just an exceptionally good liar. He was, after all, lying straight through his teeth about being dedicated to Niall. 

...

"Well, look at my little hero." Niall grinned sarcastically, gripping Zayn tightly by the wrist as he dragged the boy over to the nurse's. This is why one should never date the typical high school bad boy because these fuckers really can't keep their hands to themselves. The raven haired man hissed at the tight grip but Niall refused to let it go, opening the door to the nurse's and pushing Zayn on the bed. He ignored the fifty year old man dressed in a white coat staring amused at the duo but rather channeled all his energy and attention towards Zayn. "What were you thinking?" 

"He picked a fight not me and Mr. Cox, can you wrap a bandage around it quickly? Do it tight enough so I can at least ride the bike." Zayn brought his hand forward, not missing the look of complete and utter exhaustion Niall passed in his direction. He didn't get what the big deal was and honestly, he never though Niall would even wait for him during the time he stayed for detention. That was another hour, he was hoping the blonde would get a ride from one of his friend's but of course, he had to see the fight breaking out and had to be the one to drag Zayn away from the entire mess. "Don't look at me like that. You could've gone home." 

"You told me you would always take me back home." Niall replied, biting his lips to prevent himself from blushing. He had been tempted to call Liam but something pulled him back and just made him walk towards the music room, strumming on the guitar while he waited for Zayn to leave. That was the time when he heard all the teachers screaming and shouting, yelling at the two student's to stop and of course Niall found his lovely 'boyfriend', punching another kid in the face. 

"Since when did you start listening to me princess?" The tanned Pakistani smirked, hissing suddenly when he felt the school doctor dabbing his wounds with wet cotton. He quickly turned his attention back towards Niall, feeling a bit dumb for showing signs of pain in such a beautiful boy's company. 

"Idiot." Niall scoffed, moving forward towards the spot where Zayn sat on one of the beds. He wondered if the bed sheets were even cleaned out since their school wasn't really the brightest in these things but he didn't say a word, watching the doctor, Mr. Cox, do everything that was needed and once there was a neat white bandage wrapped around Zayn's right hand, Niall allowed himself the pleasure of leaning in to brush their lips together. 

"Affectionate today." Zayn whispered into the kiss, pulling at Niall by the waist before getting up. He quickly thanked the doctor, flexing his arms around a bit, trying to move his fingers, scoffing loudly when it continued to hurt. He just hoped he had gotten a few good punches on the other kid. In his defense though, Zayn really didn't want to start a fight. He was simply sitting in the detention room, trying to peacefully sleep but of course somebody had to ask him about Niall and then mention how he didn't deserve him. Zayn was proud of himself for letting the boy rant out for at least over fifteen minutes before finally getting up to land a single punch on his jaw. It was a satisfying feeling and honestly, he wouldn't mind doing it again. 

"Are you okay?" Zayn snapped his head in the direction of the voice , letting his ears get used to the Irish accent. He smiled a bit that the visible concern on Niall's face and entwined their fingers together, using the uninjured hand to do so. 

"Yes. I'm okay." 

AN/ I HAVE A NEW ZIALL FICTION OUT AND I AM GOING TO PROMOTE IT SHAMELESSLY! IT'S CALLED "HOW TO DATE A STRIPPER" AND BEFORE READING IT, PLEASE JUST HAVE A LOOK AT SHAWN MENDES'S "TREAT U BETTER" MUSIC VIDEO BECAUSE THAT'S ALL THE WARNING U ARE GOING TO NEED :) 

3 DAYS TO GO TILL I GO TO THE HOSTEL! 

Apart from this: 

Thoughts on the chapter?

Thoughts on Kendall? 

Thoughts on Niall and Kendall's friendship?

What do you think happened to them?

Thoughts on Zayn picking a fight? One word, HOT! lol

Thoughts on Niall being concerned? 

Thoughts on the small Ziall moment? aw! 

NEXT UPDATE WHEN THIS CHAPTER GETS 75+ VOTES AND 50+ COMMENTS !