Getting Permission (his P.O.V)

Niall

I was very nervous about asking Y/N's dad for permission to marry Y/N. Ever since her mom passed away a couple years back their bond has became so strong and she means everything to him. I invited him over to watch the game with him today hoping I'd be able to able to ask then.

Just then I heard the doorbell ring.

"Hello Mr. Y/L/N" I said shaking his hand. "Niall please, call me Y/D/N!" He smiled. After that we sat down to watch the game.

It was now half time and I decided to finally ask. "So Y/D/N, I actually have something I need to ask you and it involves Y/N" I said nervously. "Of course. Is she okay?" "Actually yes she is fine! So you know how much I love your daughter, right? I'd do anything for her and if I ever did something to hurt her I would never be able to live with myself. I know how much you guys love each other so this is why I came to you. Can I marry your daughter?" I said. He looked stunned for a short moment but then he pulled me in for a hug. "Of course Niall. I see how she looks at you and how well you treat her. I appreciate you coming and asking me as well" he said.

Now all I need is to ask.

Harry

I had invited Y/N's parents out for lunch to ask for permission to marry her. I'm not very close with her parents but I know Y/N wishes I was. As I got to the cafe I saw Y/N's parents already sitting down so I made me way over and greeted them.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Y/L/N. It's good seeing you again," I said. "Hello Harold. Is there a reason you wanted to meet with us?" Mr. Y/L/N said. He never calls me Harry, even though my real name really is Harry. "Yes actually and it's important. I know we don't really know each other great but I've known your daughter for 4 years and I think it's time to ask this question. I love her so much. So much that... I would like to marry her. So I'm here to ask if I have permission to ask for your daughters hand in marriage." I said confidently. I looked over at Mrs. Y/L/N and she had tears in her eyes smiling. As for Mr. Y/L/N he looked like a statue. "I'm honored you asked us but if you EVER hurt her I won't hesitate to murder you" he said half serious, half joking.

Words cannot describe how happy I was.

Louis

Y/N's parents treated me like Y/N and I were already married so I figured today should be easy. Don't get me wrong I'm still scared shitless but at least I think they love me. Y/N and I were going to her parents 23rd anniversary party so I'll ask them then.

"I hope one day me and you can make it to our 23rd anniversary" I said looking over at Y/N as we entered her parents house. "Oh Mr. Tomlinson, looking at the future are we?" She replied smirking. Oh you have no idea.

So far the whole party is going well and now I finally have time to ask Y/N's parents.

" Hello Y/M/N and Y/D/N! Congratulations on 23 years! I hope one day Y/N and I can get to that." I said casually. I don't think Y/D/N caught on but Y/M/N did. "Oh my god! Are you asking what I think your asking!" Y/N's mom squealed. "I actually am" I said. By now I think Y/D/N caught on. "I'm fine with it as long as we are the first to know when you do propose." Y/D/N replied.

This party was a success.

Liam

Sadly, Y/N's parents both passed away almost 2 years ago in a horrible car crash(I'm really sorry if this has happened to your parents or somebody you know) but she does have an older brother that has become a father figure in her life.

Y/B/N and I were currently at a local pub just eating, drinking, and watching the game. I decided to do it here so he wouldn't suspect anything like he probably would if I asked him to come over to Y/N and I's house.

"So Y/B/N I need to ask you something." I said turning my attention to him. "Shoot." "Well I love Y/N very, very, much. I know that you mean so much to her and she means so much to you so... Can I marry Y/N?" I said. "I was wondering when you would finally ask. Of course Liam. Treat her the way she deserves. She has had so much shit happen to her and you have always been there for her to make sure she doesn't do anything she'll regret." he said patting my shoulder.

No one will ever understand how much those words mean to me.

Zayn

It was late and I couldn't stop thinking about when I should ask Y/N's parents for her hand in marriage.

My brain finally had enough of it and just decided to go now. Y/N was currently at her sisters house in Norway (idek just go with it) so getting out without her knowing will be easy.

I got to Y/N's parents house around 10 but this HAD to be done. After a few minutes of banging on the door a very tired looking Mr. Y/L/N answered the door.

"Zayn what are you doing here at 10?" She asked slightly confused. "This thought has been driving me crazy and I have to ask. It has become a desire to marry your daughter so since she is gone right now I came to ask for your permission to marry her." I said quickly. Y/M's mom was now wide awake at that. " Oh my god, Zayn. This was very unexpected. You guys have only been dating for almost 3 years but, I'm glad it's you. You can marry her. I will tell her father in the morning. " She smiled warmly.

May not have been romantic but that needed to be asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay so that was the first ever chapter of my first ever book! I was debating putting Zayn in or not but it was honestly a last minute decision to add him in. I'm sorry if they aren't very long but then again I'm still learning. It's summer right now so I should be able to update A LOT but school starts back up on August 16 so by then I may not update as much but that's the future so whatever. Well, that's all. Till next part, bye to the people that actually read this.

Edited: April 16, 2018 (god i'm a mess)