Playful Spirit [8] Afraid

Picture is of Tyler ------------>

Chapter Eight

Afraid

"Wh-What?" It was the only word I could manage as I stared at them. What the hell was going on? When did Erin get back? Why was Tyler looking like he wanted to punch everyone's face in? And more importantly, why the fuck was Ryder here? So many questions...

"You gonna invite us in, or what?" Ryder drawled and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I don't know. You gonna be a dickface?" He opened his mouth to say something, but quickly closed it. I smirked. "Yeah, didn't think so. Come in." I stepped aside and motioned for them to walk in the room.  Ryder walked past everyone else and into the living room. I trailed behind everyone as they followed him.

"What happened in here?" Erin gasped, looking around at the wreckage that was my living room. "Did you have a party without me?" She snapped her head to look at me, her eyes narrowed. I snorted and she smiled. Glad to know she actually didn't hate me.

"Yea, no. Uh--well, I don't really remember, but after Tyler left last night, I guess I went crazy and did all this? I don't know honestly, everything is a blur from last night." Their expressions all turned serious and my eyes widened.

Did I say something wrong?

"About last night, Erin and I got your messages." I felt my face heat up and I mentally slapped myself. Why was I getting so embarrassed? I was scared, I left the messages and I shouldn't be regretting it. "Could you explain what you remember until you blacked out and then when you woke up?" Tyler asked calmly. I stood there for a minute, trying to make sure I actually did remember what happened before I blanked.

"Alright, take a seat." I said as I curled up in the chair. I had fixed up the couch cushions so that the stuffing wasn't flying out of them. I would need to sew them up once everyone left. I cleared my throat after everyone was seated.

"Well, you left," I nodded with my head to Tyler, "And I started painting. I stopped around midnight because I couldn't focus. When I got up, I felt something in my leg snap and I fell to the ground. It seemed like every move I made was making my bones break. I was freaking out, so I tired calling you guys, but you never answered." Erin mouthed a sorry and I gave her a reassuring smile.

"I was so scared because I didn't know what was happening." I paused as I tried to remember something else. "I remember looking down at my hands an--" I squeezed my eyes shut as I tried to remember what I saw, but everything was foggy.

"What about your hands?" Ryder asked. I put my hands over my eyes and tried to sort through the fog, hoping I could at least make out something.

"I don't know." I replied, opening my eyes and then squeezing them shit again.

"What did you see?" Ryder asked, his voice going up an octave, making him sound like he was desperate and getting impatient.

"I said I didn't know!" I yelled at him, looking up so my eyes were fixed on him, a scowl on my face. 

He was pissing me off. Big time. Erin smacked the back of his head and he yelped. "Alright, that's okay. You're doing good. Now, how about when you woke up? What did you see?" Tyler asked trying to bring me back to the main focus here.

"Right, this morning, uh--I woke up and my body wasn't hurting anymore, but then I saw everything torn apart. I was naked and covered in...paint....and then I saw my canvas and--" I stopped and gulped. I saw the image of the painting flash in my head and I shivered.