Playful Spirit [6] Chocolate

Chapter Six

Chocolate

It never got better. My back has been aching for four days now and the slightest noise brings on the strongest migraine. It felt like my skull was splitting open and someone was putting a jackhammer to it.  But hey, at least I stopped throwing up yesterday. Even though my stomach was making suggestions it wasn't over.

But today, I could not afford to lay in bed all day again.

No. Today I had to go out and get my art supplies to work on a painting. A women I had met at the grocery store the other day said she heard that I was an artist. She wanted me to paint her a picture of her flower garden. It seemed like a simple small project. I didn't do simple or small.

So I planned to get a huge canvas and paint the picture of her garden, but then add my own little flavor to it. 

I groaned getting out of bed and shuffled into the bathroom, gabbing the bottle of Tylenol and taking two. After taking taking a hot shower that made my back feel a little better, I walked into my room and opened up the wardrobe. I was just going to wear a pair of shorts and tank top, but whatever bug I had was making me cold. It felt like someone had just placed me in the middle of an iceberg. I was so not loving this at all.

I slid on a pair of thermal leggings, keeping my gray tank top on and sliding on a red and black plaid button up, leaving it unbuttoned. I grabbed my knit circle scarf and wrapped it around my neck, snuggling into it for the warmth. I took a deep breath and slid on some fluffy socks and walked into the bathroom to fix my hair. I gasped when I saw my reflection, frowning as I studied it.

There were deep purplish circles under my eyes, and my skin looked almost translucent. Maybe I had the flu? I guess going to the doctor after the craft store was all on my list of things to do. I walked into the foyer, pulling on my black boots and grabbing my black pea coat, I quickly walked out of the apartment. I remembered seeing the craft store around the cafe.

Speaking of the cafe, I could go for something to eat. Maybe my stomach will be able to handle it. But now that I remember, the cafe wouldn't be the best place to go to. Ryder and I hadn't talked since that night. I never saw him in town and I never got his number. I even called Erin to get his number, but she hasn't been answering her phone at all.

My stomach started to growl as I walked past the cafe. I stopped and turned around to look at the store. Maybe just getting something to go would be okay. Ryder probably wasn't even working today. I spun around and headed towards the cafe. When I opened the door, I got a lot of weird looks from the customers already in there.

Maybe it was because of my winter attire. It was like seventy degrees outside anyway, so the looks were somewhat understandable. I took a seat at my usual table. I thought someone would've taken it since I had been avoiding this place like the plague since that night with Ryder. 

Speaking of Ryder, he was now walking over to my table, a sour look on his face.

I ignored him and looked at the menu above the counter.

"What are you doing here?" Ryder asked coldly. I looked at him shocked and snorted.

"Well, hello to you too." I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes and I sighed. "Can I just get a salad?" I wasn't in the mood for pasta's or sweets. I had been craving everything earthy. And by earthy, I meant things that came straight from the earth. The thought of eating anything processed or greasy made me sick to my stomach, so all that looked appetizing was a salad.

"What kind?" Ryder snapped. "There are different salads, not just one."

"Okay what the fuck is your problem? You know what, save it. I don't have time for your bullshit." I started to get up and I saw a flash of remorse in his eyes. This was unreal.