Playful Spirit [9] Technical Knock Out

Chapter Nine

Technical Knock Out

Saying goodbye to my apartment was harder than I thought. I had been wanting to live on my own for so long and now that I finally got to do that, I was being moved to go live with people.

People I didn't even know. And to make it worse, Erin wasn't a werewolf, so she couldn't stay with me. Meaning I would be alone. Erin did say she visits almost everyday, but when she didn't, I could hang with Tyler. Yeah right.

Tyler was with Luna. Being around them both ensures that I would see Ryder. I was truly alone and I was scared. I felt like since I never had any true friends, the fact that I just got some and I had to leave them made my depressed. I used to love the idea of being alone and now I didn't want to be.

I contemplated just running away and finding somewhere else to stay, change my name and appearance so they couldn't find me. But that proved it would fail because Ryder was a werewolf and could track me down. I wonder if they get offended by being called or related to dogs?

"Scar?" I looked up from my suitcase and saw Erin standing in the doorway with her arms crossed over her chest. She had that look on her face like she knew exactly what I was thinking and come to find out, she did. "Are you seriously thinking about running away? Cause you know--"

"Ryder will hunt me down and slaughter me without a second thought? Yeah, I know." I finished her sentence and she rolled her eyes at me.

"No. I was going to say it would be because I would miss you." I gave her a small smile and folded the shirt I was holding. "I knew that." I responded sheepishly. Erin laughed and walked into the room, plopping down on the bed beside one of my many suitcases.

"You know, we can just go shopping after you move in. That way you don't have so many suitcases and clothes to carry with you." Erin informed me nonchalantly. I stared at her, then back at my suitcase. She had a point. And lord knows I did not want to be hauling all this shit into a unknown location.

Okay. The pack's neighborhood wasn't unknown. It was actually that really well-developed area I saw when I first got here. A gated community with modern houses. Defiantly not something I expected to be full of savage beasts. Well, save for everyone else. I think Ryder was the only beast. And maybe Luna...

"You're right. Lord knows Ryder is gonna bitch and moan about my bags." I picked up the suitcase and tossed it on to the floor so I could lay on the bed. This was my last time on this bed and I was going to miss it like crazy.

"So. Ready to go out and live it up as a fury animal that howls at the moon?" Erin asked, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Nope." I deadpanned. I wasn't thrilled with any of this. I loved solitude, but I also loved company when it was wanted. So far what I've heard from Erin, I was never going to be left alone. Everyday someone from the pack was going to bother me because they were all people-pleasers. I didn't want to be rude to them, but I honestly don't think I could take much of the constant bombardment of people trying to talk to me.

And with these killer mood swings, I wouldn't be surprised if I snapped someones head off.

Or killed them even.

But I wasn't going to do that. I was going to grin and bare it. Either way, I didn't have a choice. Because once Ryder came to get me, this house was going back on the market and I did not have enough money to buy it again.

Did I mention how much I despised Ryder?

"So, whats up with you and Cane?" I drawled, trying to change the subject and get the most obvious question out there. She had left for that whole week almost because of something with Cane. It might be a touchy subject, but I wouldn't know that if I was never told anything about it.