Chapter 18

~3 months later~

It’s Friday night and Izzy and I are sprawled out on the couch, getting ready for tonight’s new episode of Ghost Adventures. It has been 3 months since the day Zak walked out of that flower shop, and it was hard to get him out of my head at first, but now he’s just back to being my celebrity crush. I don’t think about him as often as I used to, my thoughts now are mostly just wondering what it would have been like if I actually accepted his apology. 

The past 3 months have been really uneventful. I went back to the Mental Hospital, but it’s only been 3 times. Going back there, something just feels wrong, or off. It feels darker then when I went and investigated it with GAC. Other then going to work and then coming home and going to bed, nothing else has happened. Besides the occasional ghost who actually notices that I can see them, and then harasses me until I help them. But, next week is mine and Izzy’s trip to Las Vegas. We do this yearly week long trip to Las Vegas, we call it our girls’ week. It’s a good vacation, a good time to let loose and not let all this ghost stuff bother me as much as it does. 

I sighed in delight; I couldn’t wait until next week. Our flight leaves this Sunday night. So only two more days! I wanted to get up and start jumping around, but I stayed in place. Ghost Adventures had just come back from commercial. This episode was an up close and personal, they were covering their most scariest and memorable lockdowns. Izzy was staring intently at the screen as Aaron started talking about his favorite lockdown. I wasn’t paying attention, I just laughing silently as I watched Izzy facial expressions change. 

“My favorite lockdown has to be…” I looked back to the TV when I heard Zak’s voice. “I think my favorite lockdown was one of our most recent ones.” Zak looked over to Nick and Aaron. “Do you think you could guess which one I’m talking about?” He asked them, a small smirk playing on his lips. 

Nick and Aaron looked at each other in confusion. Then Nick’s face lit up. “It has to be Puget Sound Mental Hospital, the one when we investigated with Amaryllis.” Nick gave Zak a look that was hinting at something other then what was actually being said. My heart skipped a beat. Was that really his favorite lockdown? 

“You got it Nick. That lockdown was intense; Amaryllis got some pretty good visual evidence.” Zak smiled at the camera, and it wasn’t a forced smile like I’ve seen him do before. It was a genuine smile, even though it didn’t quite reach his eyes. 

Izzy gasped beside me. “Did you hear that?! Zak your lockdown was his favorite! That means you’re definitely on his mind still!” Izzy was practically squealing like a pig. I just shook my head and smiled at her. 

“Maybe you’ll see him when we go to Vegas next week!” She was jumping up and down now. 

“You need to calm down. I highly doubt we’ll run into Zak. He’s a pretty busy guy, seeing as all the lockdowns he goes on.” I gestured to the TV. 

“Yeah, but this week was up close and personal, so maybe he has sometime off before they go to the next lockdown!” Izzy was back to squealing. I rolled my eyes, even though I knew deep down that I wanted to run into Zak. I wanted to say I’m sorry for being such a bitch the last time I saw him.

He probably wouldn’t even talk to me, even if I did run into him. I was so rude and inconsiderate. I wouldn’t blame him if he didn’t want to see me. I sighed and stared at the TV, not paying any attention to what the guys were saying. Thoughts of what could happen if I did happen to run into Zak were racing through my mind now, giving me a pounding headache. I groaned and got up, heading to the kitchen to get an ibuprofen. I grabbed bottled water from the fridge then trudged back to my room. Izzy didn’t even notice that I left; she was too infatuated with Aaron to notice anything. 

I lay own on my bed and felt Demon jump up with me. He settled at the end of the bed. I rolled over onto my side, and felt sleep tug at my eyelids. I eventually gave in, falling into a dreamless peaceful sleep. 

I was woken the next morning to Demon licking me to death. I couldn’t help but laugh as the dog’s tongue tickled my arm. “Demon.” I groaned, pushing his head away. He whined in response. I opened one eye and looked over at the clock. It read 10:30. 

I sat up, was it really the late? Time flies when you’re sleeping. I let out a sigh as I slung my legs over the edge of the bed. Demon jumped off, then stood there staring at me with his tail wagging behind him. He was such a happy dog. I laughed as he started to pounce around, he was so weird. I got up and went to the kitchen, my stomach suddenly protesting that I feed it. 

I grabbed the eggs and bacon out of the fridge. I decided that scrambled eggs would suffice this morning; I was just too lazy to make anything else. I quickly made breakfast then went out to the living room to watch some TV while I ate. As I sat down, I realized that Izzy wasn’t here. Where could she have gone? She probably just went to run some errands before she started packing for this week’s trip. 

I flipped on the TV; nothing was ever on in the morning, so I settled for watching some horrible soap opera. I ate my food then grabbed my phone off the table beside me. I opened twitter to see if anything was interesting, and because twitter was way more entertaining then the soap opera. I scrolled through the news feed, not really seeing anything interesting. I gained followers after the episode of Ghost Adventures aired, Zak, Nick, and Aaron even started following me as well. Twitter was pretty boring. I was about to close the app when I saw a tweet from Zak. It said that he was happy to have the next week as an off week; he already went and filmed next week’s lockdown. 

I was mentally jumping up and down in my seat. Does this mean that I’ll have a chance to see him this week? I couldn’t contain my joy; I really wanted to make this up to him for being such a bitch. I just hoped that luck was on my side this time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry it's so short! I'm really tired and I wanted to post something for you guys! I also just got done watching the newest episod of Supernatural, and it broke my heart. Anywhore, are you guys okay with this time jump? Does everything make sense? I need to know these things! Tell me what you think! Thank you guys for reading! I love you all! <3